Sub 37 sequencer cheat sheet

Everything Sub.
DrJustice

Sub 37 sequencer cheat sheet

Post by DrJustice » Sat May 14, 2016 6:02 am

Here's a "cheat sheet" to make the operation of the sequencer easier.

Edit: an updated version is attached below
Attachments
CheatSheet.ZIP
Sub 37 sequencer and modulation source/destination cheat sheet
(114.37 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
Last edited by DrJustice on Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

red

Re: Sub 37 sequencer cheat sheet

Post by red » Sat May 14, 2016 7:44 am

cool, thanks :!:
::red

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat May 14, 2016 10:43 am

Don't have any Sub37, but thanks for this initiative :)

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 pm

Very nice, and well done! Thank you!
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Sat May 14, 2016 4:11 pm

well done sir! thanks! :D

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Sun May 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Wow. So much thank you!
Source: am layout stuff

mikeh11

Post by mikeh11 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:36 pm

I know you put a lot of effort into making this, and I think it's really good. I have some comments, though:

There's a typo under Change Page: "KB OTAVE".

In the MOD SRC table, for the KB Track entry: doesn't middle C have MIDI note 60? I know there's disagreement on whether it is called C4 or C3, but I didn't think it changed what the MIDI note number was.

Some notes on the Mod Dst table:

- You propagate the error in the manual of LFO1/2 ranges: hi, med, lo. As far as I know, we get only Lo and Hi ranges.

- Ditto for leaving out Amp Env Delay.

- Missing "EG Times"; easy to do since it's in the text before the table; although it's not available for the Seq Mod Dst.

- ARP RUN is called ARP ON in the Editor and Hardware.

- I don't find OUT VOL in any destination list in the Editor (MOD Dest or Seq Mod Dest), nor on the hardware itself. However, there is a hardwired mod dst for VCA Level.

- You say "F.CUTOFF: Filter Cutoff Freq (only for seq mod!)" Technically, that's true - only SeqMod - but both Mods have dedicated mod amounts for the filter cutoff. I flip/flop on this issue myself... should the hardwired connections be included in a list of "everything you can do", or should they be left out because they're not in the list of selected parameters? I can't decide.

Would you want to list the standard LFO waveshapes along with the programmable sources, just for completeness?

====
Finally, somewhat off-issue: some mod dests aren't in Moog's list, although I really wish they were:
- LFO rates
- LFO waves
- Noise Level (maybe because it's already "hardwired" from the front panel, but still... can't modulate it from the sequencer mod dst)
- Osc Waves (ditto)
- Osc1/2 pitch (since there are dedicated knobs for them on Mod 1/2, but it's unavailable as a Seq Mod Dst)
- VCA level
====

I hope this doesn't come across as harsh or too critical. I certainly don't mean it that way.
MBP 2012 | OS X 10.11.6 | Sub 37 #6768

DrJustice

Post by DrJustice » Mon May 16, 2016 2:33 pm

mikeh11 wrote:I know you put a lot of effort into making this, and I think it's really good. I have some comments, though:
In the MOD SRC table, for the KB Track entry: doesn't middle C have MIDI note 60? I know there's disagreement on whether it is called C4 or C3, but I didn't think it changed what the MIDI note number was.
The modulation stuff was basically copied from the manual, apart from finding the differences between the main list and the one in the SEQUENCER >> MOD DST menu However I just tested now, and it's indeed centred around MIDI note 60.
Some notes on the Mod Dst table:
- ARP RUN is called ARP ON in the Editor and Hardware.
It was called ARP RUN in Firmware 1.1, and was updated to ARP ON with firmware 1.2, so let's go with that.
- I don't find OUT VOL in any destination list in the Editor (MOD Dest or Seq Mod Dest), nor on the hardware itself. However, there is a hardwired mod dst for VCA Level.
Indeed. It's in the manual but not in the synth... Too bad that, as you say having VCA level as destination would be nice.
- You say "F.CUTOFF: Filter Cutoff Freq (only for seq mod!)" Technically, that's true - only SeqMod - but both Mods have dedicated mod amounts for the filter cutoff. I flip/flop on this issue myself... should the hardwired connections be included in a list of "everything you can do", or should they be left out because they're not in the list of selected parameters? I can't decide.
Good point. However, I think this list should reflect the menus, not the hardwired sources/destinations since that would pull in several more entries that would need the difference explained, so I'll leave as it is for now. (I do wish that they would be selectable in the menus as well though, and that you could press MOD DEST button and grab the knobs in addition to cycling them with the MOD DST button, but it's not really important - I understand the rationale for doing it the way it is)
Would you want to list the standard LFO waveshapes along with the programmable sources, just for completeness?
To make it consistent with the menus-only listing, I think I'll leave that out in this document.
I hope this doesn't come across as harsh or too critical. I certainly don't mean it that way.
Not at all. On the contrary, thank you for the corrections, I'm all for quality in documentation (and everywhere else!) :)

I have done the updates as we've now discussed, and I also included the MODWHEEL destination that was added in the SEQUENCER >> MOD DST menu for firmware 1.2. I will upload the new version in the first posting.

So everybody: there's a new version!

If Moog is interested, we now have some errata for the manual too:

- The LFO1RNGE and LFO2RNGE modulation destinations only have LOW and HIGH settings, not MED
- The KB TRACK modulation source is centred around MIDI note 60, not 48
- There is no OUT VOL modulation destination on the synth

mucktone

Post by mucktone » Thu May 19, 2016 12:02 am

Thank you!
OS X 10.5 Yosemite, 64 bit
Ableton Live 9
Sub 37 Tribute
Midas Venice F32

endo23

Post by endo23 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Wow, thanks for this... Extremely handy and appreciated...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:25 am

Fantastic, thank you!!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

delmarh

Post by delmarh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

This is very nice and will be useful. Thank you for taking your time to compile this and share it with us. It is much appreciated.