Just bought my first Moog Product

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:28 am

Good Point!

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:42 pm

Do ask someone to show you how to take it from patch mode to panel edit mode, though, so you can try the supplied patches and also explore the synth more fully.

Maybe edit the supplied patches first (they can be fully edited), but the position of the knobs only affects the sound when you change one, so it may seem confusing at first.

Also make sure the mod wheel hasn't been left half-way up when you try the patches. If that sounds like I'm being too basic, it's worth mentioning that I made that mistake and had tried a few patches that sounded wildly over modulated until I noticed the wheel was half up. And I've been playing synths since the 1970s. It's easily done. :D I knew what the synth was capable of, but for a minute there I thought the progammers had gone a bit berserk.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Thanks Sweep!

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Okay I just stoped by Guitar Center in Rockville, Maryland and they do not have the Voyager. However they do carry the Polyevolver. Unfortuneatly everything in GC is outrageously over priced in my opinion. I did not stay in there to long though got a bad feeling.

Greg, I went to Washington Music, and they do carry the Voyager, but I had to get out of the store quickly. I was getting a really bad vibe from that place. I did not see one friendly sales person in the whole store. Everyone in there seems very cold an unfeeling to me. Maybe, I'm being Parinod, but as soon as I left and made it back to Frederick I was fine.

atkbg

Post by atkbg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:06 pm

Thats actually when I have fun. Kind of like.....

You dont want me here? Well, first I'll try this thing out....loud. Then, I'm going to call every 13 year old I know that DOESN"T play guitar and invite them in to try one out in your store.

:)

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:03 pm

analogcontrolfreak wrote:Okay I just stoped by Guitar Center in Rockville, Maryland and they do not have the Voyager. Unfortuneatly everything in GC is outrageously over priced in my opinion.

Greg, I went to Washington Music, and they do carry the Voyager...
You CAN haggle the price at GC, but you need to do your homework first. Check online prices, maybe make a few phone calls. That way you know what you can get it for elsewhere.

Unfortunately, WMC is only local store that I know of in our area that has the Voyager. It's where I bought mine a few years back, and I got a great deal. WMC prices are the best anywhere, but I know what you mean about the service. You might try calling ahead, ask for Ed in the keyboard department (he's the keyboard manager), and tell him that you'd like to come down and check out the Voyager. This should get you some personal attention when you get there.

- Greg

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Thanks Greg.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:19 am

Update! I just purchased the Moog 50th anaversiry watch. Which is now at a close out price of $49.00. Only becuse a limited number are being made. It's another birthday gift to myself. Received $50.00 from my mom for my brithday, that was on the 19th.

I'm a little Moog obssesed. I feel like I am trying to get a memebership into an exclusive club.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:01 pm

Hey Greg, I may be putting off getting a voyager for awhile, since that is a great deal of money to dish out.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:18 pm

analogcontrolfreak wrote:I would love to own just one Moog synth. Provideid I can find one at a farily reasonable price, and not one that 30 other people have found too.
It doesn't matter if 30 other people have one, its what you do with it.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:52 pm

No, that was not my point. I guess I was not clear. What I ment was, finding a classic minimoog on ebay, at reasonable price that 30 other people want as well. I say this because there are quite a large number of people out there who are all trying to vie for the same thing. Problem is, is that when one pops up at a low price on ebay, people will jump on it like vultures on fresh road kill.