Just bought my first Moog Product

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
analogcontrolfreak

Just bought my first Moog Product

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:46 pm

I just recveid my Moog Logo T-shirt today. It's not much I know, but it's a cool looking shirt. Plus it's one of the few products that Moog sells, that I can afford. :D

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:46 pm

Live in hope. Owning a Moog synth seemed like an unattainable dream to me once. Now it's one of several dream instruments I play daily.

Welcome to the club. :)

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:55 pm

I too hope to own a Moog Synth Someday.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:15 pm

yeah, i think i had a t-shirt to start too. since then, i've owned a opus 3, and now have a source, sonic six & mg-1... and i dont plan to ever stop expanding. Maybe i should just sell it all towards a voyager? or not... :?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:22 pm

writeroxie wrote:..... now have a source, sonic six & mg-1... Maybe i should just sell it all towards a voyager? or not... :?
Honestly, yes you should.:wink: Those are all great synths, but they don't hold a candle to the Voyager in my opinion (though the Source is the coolest looking synth ever made). When it comes down to it, I can say that I would rather have a Voyager than ALL the other Moog monosynths.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:21 pm

I would love to own just one Moog synth. Provideid I can find one at a farily reasonable price, and not one that 30 other people have found too.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:10 pm

I have decided to save up for a Minimoog Voyager.

Omeed

Post by Omeed » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:58 am

you should save up for two and give one to me :lol:
http://hejiraband.com
http://hmas.org

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:30 am

lol :lol: Omeed. Would you beleive, that someone actually said it would be a waste of money to buy one. Something about, I would become bored and loose interest in it, after two weeks. Also said that owing one keyboard just for the heck of owning one didn't make much sense. That and, the fact, I used to buy and sell keyboards a lot, becuse I became frustrated with them. Plus was going about this blind. No idea what I wanted. There is however something about the Voyager that speaks to me, even though I have not played one.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:44 am

analogcontrolfreak wrote:lol :lol: Omeed. Would you believe, that someone actually said it would be a waste of money to buy one. Something about, I would become bored and loose interest in it, after two weeks. Also said that owing one keyboard just for the heck of owning one didn't make much sense. That and, the fact, I used to buy and sell keyboards a lot, becuse I became frustrated with them. Plus was going about this blind. No idea what I wanted. There is however something about the Voyager that speaks to me, even though I have not played one.
i think at this point, there's a voyager in almost every Guitar Center store out there. Shouldnt be too hard to get your hands on one for a test drive. I actually need to go back and 'browse' a bit longer.

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:45 am

They are in Guitar Center you say? I thought Moog was only selling these to independent music stores, and not the chains?

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:02 am

analogcontrolfreak wrote:They are in Guitar Center you say? I thought Moog was only selling these to independent music stores, and not the chains?
Unless something has changed, you won't find Moog products at GC.

Analog - Check out Washington Music Center (AKA Chuck Levins) in Wheaton. They stock Moog products and can order anything for you.

- Greg

analogcontrolfreak

Post by analogcontrolfreak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:08 am

I forgot they sell moog products. But, everytime I go in there I never get any help? I don't know if I should go ask or what? At GC the salespeople come to you. I mean what gives? I alwyas got an uncomfortable feeling everytime I went in to Washington Music. It's as if no one really wanted to help me, either that or I don't look like a serious muscian. Maybe I'm just being parinoid. :?

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:57 am

Guitar Center Boston has a Voyager set up to play right in the middle of the keyboard dept. I played it on Nov 19th... and yes the salesmen there will POUNCE on you as soon as you walk in... they're like that. haha

all the moogers and voyager gear is available through Musicians Friend.com, which is the same co. as GC.

atkbg

Post by atkbg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:23 am

I actually prefer when salesman DONT come up to me. If I need them I'll ask. I'd rather see what its about and look for myself.