A cheap way for adding a "noise generator" to a LP

Everything Phatty.
Solenoid

A cheap way for adding a "noise generator" to a LP

Post by Solenoid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Ok, maybe this is not for the analog enthusiasts, but i thought that recording 1 hour of noise and play it back in flac through a small MP3 player like Sansa Clip which is connected to LP's audio in, could somehow replace the need for a noise source (for those who don't have a cp-251). What do you think? It will be very small and quite effective IMO...

Also, it would be nice to see a noise generator inside a future OS update..is it possible? (i know that it won't be analog, but, it should do a nice job if it can be implemented)

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Sure, that could work. Or a similar approach that would open up even more possibilities would be to get a small looper (a little pricey new, but not too bad used). Then you could loop noise and have it as long as you want, and experiment with other things too.

Solenoid

Post by Solenoid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:38 am

That could be cool..!.i think my mp3 player does perfect loops (repeat function), so i can use it this way...

smokemon

Post by smokemon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Or if you're an iPhone user use an app like Shush
#1048 LPTE

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:01 pm

If you have the output mod, you MIGHT can get some dirtier gristle if you patch the osc out into the pitch input. Its not quite white noise but it does nasty things up a tad smidgen.

edit:

Just so I didn't trell you some BS, I just tested this with the Voyager. The Freqbox's Osc out works great (I didn't try voyager osc out to pitch in because Im away from my vx351) because you put it on high freq's and you can hear your pitches. Put it on low freqs and you can hear the waveform. If only it had an lfo.

Its nice and gritty, especially if you can send an lfo out to the wave in.

Hope some of this helps you out.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:43 pm

EricK wrote:If you have the output mod, you MIGHT can get some dirtier gristle if you patch the osc out into the pitch input. Its not quite white noise but it does nasty things up a tad smidgen.

edit:

Just so I didn't trell you some BS, I just tested this with the Voyager. The Freqbox's Osc out works great (I didn't try voyager osc out to pitch in because Im away from my vx351) because you put it on high freq's and you can hear your pitches. Put it on low freqs and you can hear the waveform. If only it had an lfo.

Its nice and gritty, especially if you can send an lfo out to the wave in.

Hope some of this helps you out.
If one has the Freq Box or ring mod, osc out to pitch in also works, though not likely as well. If you have the CP-251, noise out to audio in also works. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.