NEW proud LP 2 owner & questions...

Everything Phatty.
esmilez

NEW proud LP 2 owner & questions...

Post by esmilez » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 am

i just copped a LP stage 2 and i gots to say i really luv it!!!
i just wondering how can u init a patch??
and where is the usb midi driver??

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 am

To my knowledge you can't init a preset per se, but the "Calibration" preset pretty much does the job
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

Christopher Winkels

Post by Christopher Winkels » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:02 am

Yup, use the calibration preset.

Or you can create one that is more to your liking (with your most common LFO routing, for example).

esmilez

Post by esmilez » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:39 pm

i have tried to load the stage 1 & tribute edition patches with BOME SX via usb...

the phatty just get some noisy patche with no names...are the patches not compatible with the stage 2?

i m sure that bome sx is not the problem cause it works perfekt with all my other gear...mmm

dave500

I can can't you

Post by dave500 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:34 pm

I can put both the Stage I and II on my TE.. it should work the other way. :shock: not at the same time :wink:
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 pm

make sure its just a sysex of the banks...NOT the complete operating system...i doubt that would work

Cheers ;)

DL

LPTE #585

Voltor07

Re: NEW proud LP 2 owner & questions...

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm

esmilez wrote: and where is the usb midi driver??
What OS is your computer running? If you have Windows Vista, I doubt there is a USB MIDI driver. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

esmilez

Post by esmilez » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 am

i know what ws the problem with the usb midi driver i connect it first on a usb hub where i already had 1 usb midi hardware connected.
but i connect it directly on my pc and it works.

well there is still a problem im gonna try it to send the sysx over the midi in as soon as i come home

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:18 am

ATTENTION: PC USERS WITH LITTLE PHATTY & USB

Here is some info and data that may help you.

click here to download the .inf file for Little Phatty

This file "names" the Little Phatty within Windows, so that it appears in your sequencer as "Little Phatty Stage II" instead of "USB Audio Device." This can help to prevent conflicts.

To use this file, you need to uninstall the previous "USB Audio Device" driver for the Little Phatty, which was automatically installed by windows.

To view and remove old USB Device information from your system, I recommend a free utility called USBDeView (USB Device Viewer):
click here to download usbdeview from Nirsoft

please read the instructions for USBdeview and use it carefully; Moog Music can't be responsible for your use of this program.

Once you have removed the old, generic "USB Audio Device" driver for the LP, you can right-click on the "moog.inf" file and choose Install to add its information to your system. Cycle the power on the Little Phatty or disconnect/reconnect the USB, and Windows should use the info from Moog.inf to identify the Little Phatty by name.

There may be some trick to this, or some playing around that is necessary to get everything to work, but it does work "if you hold your mouth right" as we say here in the southern USA. :)

Good luck, let me know if this works. If so, I'll add the moog.inf file to the software downloads page.

Cheers,

Amos

esmilez

Post by esmilez » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:52 pm

oh that works fine !!!thanks

i just updated the driver with the moog.inf it works fine...

it works after now i turn the phatty in only usb mode!!!

well another question how can i set something to the mod wheel??like cutoff for example ...

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi,

You can't directly assign a parameter to the mod wheel, like in your example...
The mod wheel is an "amount" control, for whatever Source and Destination are selected in the Modulation section.

To control Filter Cutoff from the Mod wheel,
set Modulation Source = Filt. Env,
Destination = Filter,
Amount = whatever you like (more than zero).

Now this is not exactly the same as the mod wheel directly controls the filter, because it is shaped by the filter envelope. But after the attack of a note, during the Sustain phase, it's pretty much the same thing. Since the filter envelope is already routed to the filter, the end result is very useful and playable.

Cheers,

Amos

wetbiscuit

Post by wetbiscuit » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am

Hi just an FYI really for your own records

I recieved my brand new LPSE here in UK on friday and can confirm that MS win server 2008 (used as workstation) recognises the LP as first a generic USB device and then picks it up as the Little Phatty before finishing the auto driver install.

works fine in ableton straight away.

:)