'Nother New Mooger Idea

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
ColorForm2113

'Nother New Mooger Idea

Post by ColorForm2113 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 am

I dont know if its been brought up before but i was just playing guitar and realized i need something... Mooger Looper. analog looping/sampling pedal
that you can layer to your hearts desire and store a loop or two or three. maybe with controls for pitch and time. and a midi clock in that converts to CV out to sync up the other foogers.

i would buy one in a heart beat, what does everyone else think?

pelican

Post by pelican » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:01 am

would be way too pricey

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:41 am

pelican wrote:would be way too pricey
I think Moog fanatics would be willing to pay almost anything for Moog products; just look at the MF-104.

Moog doesn't have to stretch far to come out with unique & practical ideas we'd all like to see them pursue.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 pm

How does analog sampling -> storage -> playback work?

aleatoric

Post by aleatoric » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:21 pm

screw analog, moog should just make a looper with all sorts of analog filters and stuff. I say this because analog looping is a pretty rare thing, the only analog looper I know of is the lo-fi loop junky and you can not reverse the loop or overdub or change speed or anything fun. So I would say digital looping but with some analog filters/lfo's and the ability to alter loop length and pitch. yea!

Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 am

aleatoric wrote:moog should just make a looper with all sorts of analog filters and stuff. I say this because analog looping is a pretty rare thing, the only analog looper I know of is the lo-fi loop junky and you can not reverse the loop or overdub or change speed or anything fun. So I would say digital looping but with some analog filters/lfo's and the ability to alter loop length and pitch. yea!
Then why not buy a digi-looper pedal (Boss RC-20 or something similar) and process the result through a 'Fooger LPF (or two)? Seems like combining a few commercially available pedals would get you there.

-MF

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:25 pm

latigid on wrote:How does analog sampling -> storage -> playback work?
lol thats for them to figure out :wink: I dont know too much about how the insides work, just the basic understanding of caps, resistors, IC, etc.

nathan

Post by nathan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:00 am

i dont know really what moog could add to the loopersgame.
it has to be a digital recorder, for it to be of any nice timelength.
the thing they could look at is the fact that in the looperworld there's quite a big gap between the abilities of the cheaper and the really expensive ones.

i would like to see how moog would come up with solutions for for instance multiple tracks and multiplying(multiplying the whole loop by 2 or more times) or changing the start and ending of a loop, saving them quickly, feedbackcontrol, and subsitution (changing parts of loop while its playing) .

the electro-harmonix one is still more of a desktop thing with nice mixing abilities of the several tracks you want to stack.

the best looper of them all; the gibson echoplex digital pro plus has all the above functions, it is a rackdevice with a huge pedalboard.
but at quite a high price.

one the other side there are for instance the cheaper boss rc2 and 20xl or the digitech jamman, which have quite big recording times, but none of the really nice features.
i think a moog looper should have those but in an easy to use interface.

i think multiplying, loopwindowing, substitution and saving them all with footcontrol are very important features that should be adressed by moog.
all of these not being incorporated by the majority of the loopers.
as a matter of fact i think only the echoplex has these.
there should be an alternative!
2-piece drumkit/4x diy-triggers/1x diy-mixer-preamp/2x clavia micromodular

nathan

Post by nathan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:07 am

totally not in the analogue game though. so there's no chance.
but the syncing and quantizing could be controlled through cv (or not?)
plus there could be extra ins and outs to run (loop) the signal through for instance the MF105 which then could be layered into the running loop.

otherone deducted
then multiplyed by 4
overdubbed
back to the first one
etc
etc

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:21 pm

I guess there's always this.

nathan

Post by nathan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:31 pm

yes, but sorry. 100% analog is not really the solution for loopers i think.
the zvex is very/very limited. (in its capabilities i mean)

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Get yourself a copy of Ableton Live - best looper available in my opinion, in disguise as the best sequencer/audio app.
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351

Tibbon

Post by Tibbon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:08 pm

Just get a loop junky. 20 seconds of the trashiest looping you'll ever desire.

That would be the sound of analogue looping (I mean i guess you could make it sound a little better... but eh). Throwing in midi, etc... just seems pointless.

I mean who uses Midi? :) We have CV.
Signature #144