LP + 104 + ?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
DeFrag

LP + 104 + ?

Post by DeFrag » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:04 am

I've got an LP Tribute & the 104 delay. I already have guitar pedals so any foogers will mainly be for my Phatty to run through. I know little about synthesis but can appreciate what the CP might add, at this point I'm really only looking for some sounds to play with & probably not ready for the level of complexity mating the CP to the Phatty for control voltages, connections everywhere, & what not.

I would simply like to buy another foog to go with my 104. The phaser sounds awesome & I hear the Ringmod is great too. I think mainly interested in the MuRF with its variety & stereo outputs I can run into separate mixer channels & pan left/right for spatial ambience. Is the MuRF more for guitar than synth? What combos do you guys recommend I consider with my 104?

TIA :)
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:06 am

I use my MuRF for synth. It's a wonderful piece of gear. I like it better on synth than guitar.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

CTRLSHFT

Re: LP + 104 + ?

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:50 am

DeFrag wrote:I've got an LP Tribute & the 104 delay. I already have guitar pedals so any foogers will mainly be for my Phatty to run through. I know little about synthesis but can appreciate what the CP might add, at this point I'm really only looking for some sounds to play with & probably not ready for the level of complexity mating the CP to the Phatty for control voltages, connections everywhere, & what not.

I would simply like to buy another foog to go with my 104. The phaser sounds awesome & I hear the Ringmod is great too. I think mainly interested in the MuRF with its variety & stereo outputs I can run into separate mixer channels & pan left/right for spatial ambience. Is the MuRF more for guitar than synth? What combos do you guys recommend I consider with my 104?

TIA :)
102 all the way. you get 2 different modulators (lfo and the carrier (which can be an lfo or audio mod), plus the actual ring mod effect.

otherwise, wait for the 107. that thing is gonna be KILLER with the phatty :D

..or get both. ;D
www.ctrlshft.com

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am

What Foogers exhibit the most distinct spatial separation or sounds the most spacious when using their respective 2nd or right channel outputs?

From the manuals, it seems as though the 103 Phaser will swirl around great while the the 105 MuRF might sound alright as the odd freqs channel to the left & even freqs to the right. How does the MuRF actually sound in this capacity, any good?

I know if I use both the mix & direct outs on my 104 sent to two different channels in my mixer & pan the left & right respectively, I don't get the ping-pong effect I expected.. & so I don't see much use in the direct output.

Which units actually pan, ping-pong, or swirl well between the left/right channels?

Were the samples on the MuRF page created with actual right-channel output or are they mixed layers?

Tks :)
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:38 pm

The MuRF 105 is great for mono to "stereo." Here's a sample of a simple mono drone going through the MuRF. You can hear me adjust the envelopes, mix and rate.
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11751
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:06 pm

Man, once ya go stereo you just don't wanna go back do ye? I love swirly ambient whooshing cascades of analog dreaminess. I took delivery of the MuRF over the weekend & can say I'm extremely happy with my choice.

Tks for the nice looong sample MarkM! I wish I could hear more examples of guys twiddlin' knobs of gear I have or wish to buy. :D
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

DeFrag

Re: LP + 104 + ?

Post by DeFrag » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:21 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:102 all the way. you get 2 different modulators (lfo and the carrier (which can be an lfo or audio mod), plus the actual ring mod effect.

otherwise, wait for the 107. that thing is gonna be KILLER with the phatty :D

..or get both. ;D
Are you talking about taking advantage of the 102's modulators in a way other than directly affecting the signal running through the pedal? That is to say, are the 2 modulators useful in controlling or feeding INTO my LP somehow or do you reference them as they simply add to the versatility of the pedal in addition to the actual ring-mod function?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/