MIDI Sync Issue

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
rebelrecords

MIDI Sync Issue

Post by rebelrecords » Sat May 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Hey Guys!

I hope you are all well and thank you for reading my post.

I have connected to the Moog One via midi from the Unitor8. DAW is logic and for some reason, the sync is terrible. There also seems to be an overlap of notes. For instance, if I have an arpeggiator patch on the Moog, when playing the actual unit I just get the arpeggiator sounds but via logic, I get some sustained notes underneath the arpeggiator.

I have tried to control the Moog via Din and USB, and neither make a difference. The bpm of the Moog doesn't with logic either and I don't think it is picking up the master clock - or is this normal?

Any other keyboard I have had before would be perfect via USB! Really unsure how this beast would be any different.

Appreciate any ideas and thank you very much!

Pencilcase

Re: MIDI Sync Issue

Post by Pencilcase » Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 am

It happens the same here, when I try to put some arpegiated midi notes 1/16 on Cubase the One can't handle the whole thing much time, and start to be "unstable" like it is not in sync.

I don't know if this is a general problem or only isolated cases but I am in the hope that this will be fixed in future updates.

Iaamusic

Re: MIDI Sync Issue

Post by Iaamusic » Sun May 03, 2020 12:35 pm

The bpm of the Moog doesn't with logic either and I don't think it is picking up the master clock
Firstly I connect my one to Logic through USB. You need to make sure that logic preferences for sync to the one (or your unitor) are correct in the logic midi preferences project sync settings. Make sure it’s also sending MTC. Double check your One settings to make sure it’s looking for ext clock. Over the last couple of updates the One is working well for me in Logic.