Voyager - Is it possible to default to real panel params?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
wavecollector

Voyager - Is it possible to default to real panel params?

Post by wavecollector » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi all!

I have the electric blue minimoog voyager and I almost never want to use a preset. I generally like to know that the settings on the knobs are in fact the settings I'm hearing. I pretty much have to select "real panel params" every time I use the thing. Is there any way to just make this the default when you power on the voyager? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Markyboard

Re: Voyager - Is it possible to default to real panel params

Post by Markyboard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:05 am

I think the best you could do is to program the Preset Cursor button in whatever your default program is. So let's say you always leave your Voyager on Program 1. It will default to this program on power up. If you previously edit and save the Preset Cursor function to "Real panel Values" (7) then you're always just 1 button push away (hit the cursor button) to getting back to the Real time knob positions.

RL

Post by RL » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

wavecollector wrote:I pretty much have to select "real panel params" every time I use the thing.
Sorry, that's not right. The Voyager does not change anything after power off/on. You do not have to select real parameters when you do not hit the ENTER button or select a preset.
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Damn - I didn't even think to check the OP's claim- until now. I stand corrected. Perhaps the OP is working with an older version OS?