Maybe 1 more OS 3.6 Bug!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Markyboard

Maybe 1 more OS 3.6 Bug!

Post by Markyboard » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Figured I'm good for one more shot :D

The Programmable Shaping Offsets do not seem to do anything.
I've tried many combinations of programmable shaping inputs with various Source and Destinations on both the Pedal and Mod Wheel Bus.
The shaping inputs (both programmable and fixed) work - its just the offset (both High and Low) makes absolutely no difference.

I varied both High and Low from -64 to +64 while exercising the shaping input

I've also varied the bus amounts knowing that there's a maximum. Per the manual the offset varies the level between -2.5V and +2.5 V.

I'm also aware that the 2 bus shaping inputs get summed together

I know this has been posted about before but not sure if this is the same issue. I consider myself pretty good with this stuff and maybe there's something wrong with my Voyager? I'm also far from infallible. Anyway would appreciate if someone with OS3.6 could confirm or prove me wrong.

Markyboard

Re: Maybe 1 more OS 3.6 Bug!

Post by Markyboard » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Crap - I think i see the error of my ways. Apparently those Offset values only effect the Shaping input when set to "OFFSET VALUE".
I thought I tried this but maybe not while the Shaping was set to ON/PGM - it appears to be working.

However from the manual it states the following which is confusing:

The Fixed Value parameter is an offset voltage that can be used by itself or added to one of the shaping sources.

Maybe this since changed since it's no longer called "Fixed Value" in the menu but rather "Offset Value". Or maybe they mean added to the shaping from the other bus - which seems to be the case. This is very strange but cool.

Kysh

Post by Kysh » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 am

I have a really stupid OS 3.6 question—I'm trying to reinitialize all the patches by uploading the factory patchbanks*, and I can't find the "Receive presets" option anymore. Am I missing something, or was it removed to make room for the other stuff?

Sorry to be a bother, and if I'm just missing something obvious, apologies for being stupid!

~Fox

*(My goal is twofold: One, I want to initialize an entire bank to a 'Calibration' patch which supposedly exists but I can't find, and two, somehow 'noise' ended up turned on at full volume in most of the patches on my voyager.)

RL

Post by RL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 am

Hi Kysh,
you do not need this function cause you can switch on/off SysEx in the MIDI Enables function.
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Kysh

Post by Kysh » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 am

RL—let me preface this by saying that you're awesome. I hugely appreciate all you do, and I really appreciate the reply.

That said, I'm still confused. SysEx is "on" in MIDI enables; however, sending the banks to the Voyager causes the midi light to light up, but nothing else happens, and the onboard patches appear unaffected.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but if you (or anyone, really) could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

-Kysh

RL

Post by RL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 am

Hi Kysh,
can you send the sysex file to "rudi at moogmusic dot de"?
I will do a check - maybe the SysEx ID is different...
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 am

Kysh wrote:RL—let me preface this by saying that you're awesome. I hugely appreciate all you do, and I really appreciate the reply.

That said, I'm still confused. SysEx is "on" in MIDI enables; however, sending the banks to the Voyager causes the midi light to light up, but nothing else happens, and the onboard patches appear unaffected.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but if you (or anyone, really) could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

-Kysh
I haven't tried sending patches yet in this release. Previous versions it had a strange behavior; it never worked the first time, and it always did on the second try
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra