Mother-32 classes now in session

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
HookedOnSonics

Mother-32 classes now in session

Post by HookedOnSonics » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Mother-32 classes now in session, please be seated and turn to webpage https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=play/1 ... 4ekf7m2bh1
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Vsyevolod

Re: Mother-32 classes now in session

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Is this something that you're a part of? I find it interesting that someone is doing this at all, though it's not of interest to me personally.

Stephen

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:17 am

No, not involved, but also find it interesting and the way of the new world teaching landscape. So, for folks that want to learn program scripting languages like Perl, Java, Shell, or Python the old way was to go to a classroom or buy a book. Now folks just need to buy a subscription to http://www.acm.org. For a $100.00 a year membership you can watch instructed led scripting language videos, or choose from hundreds of how to books on a language etc...

So, it seems Ask-Audio is enticing with a the first three videos for free, then either pay as you go, or buy a yearly subscription following that same online only teaching landscape method as ACM.org. Usually starts out with basic teaching videos, then months down the road, offer advanced on the subject matter. If you check out their website offerings, mother-32 is the only MOOG offering, the other stuff is Studio 101, EDM 101 and advance, Eurorack 101 etc...

I thing Ask-Audio folks want 120 yearly, seems reasonable.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:35 am

Oh, and something else that caught my attentuator ... :-). Rishabh Rajan talks about Voltage Basic on the mother-32, especially the CV/GATE stuff, he mentions that MOOG has it configured to handle a -5 to 5+ to 10v signal.

Vondragonnoggin

Post by Vondragonnoggin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 am

I noticed the Apple App store full of learning tools also. They have a synth sound design teacher app that is $129 when full lessons bought. It is applicable to synthesizers in general but particularly subtractive synthesis. First 22 lessons free, but goes up past 100 lessons and gives you a three oscillator subtractive synth in the app to use for end of lesson lab on each lesson. Your assignment in the lab is to recreate the sound they give you on the 3 oscillator synth. I haven't bought it yet, but it has great ratings and looks like it would really teach you something with lab assignments of duplicating sounds. Its goal is stated as being able to teach you how to come up with that sound you get in your head when creating music and not have to browse through a million presets of someone else's creation and instead just get the sound you want by programming it yourself.

Might be useful tool to get you into sound design and pulling tye most out of the Mother 32 which has no preset storing.
VCO+VCF+VCA+EG
8)