Moog midi problem

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
tomf

Moog midi problem

Post by tomf » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 am

Hi,

I'm not getting any sound when i press the keys on my moog.

I have it hooked up like this -

Midi out of Pro 40 (my sound card) - to - midi in on the moog
Midi out the moog - to - midi in on the Pro 40

then in Ableton I have it set up like below -

As you can see, i'm telling ableton to receive midi from the pro 40 (all channels) and to send midi to the pro 40 on all channels.

If i draw midi notes in ableton, it plays the moog fine, so sending midi out is obviously fine.

any ideas or help would be great,

Thanks

thealien666

Re: Moog midi problem

Post by thealien666 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Another Voyager owner has had a similar problem with unresponsive keys on the keyboard, although with the Old School version that doesn't have MIDI but nonetheless, my reply to him might be the case on yours too.
I'm cutting and pasting my reply here:

"You can make sure it's not simply the keyboard scanning circuit connections that came loose by carefully removing the Mod Wheel section and checking the connectors to that board. (Remove the two top front screws and gently lift up and pull towards you. Be careful because of the flat connector for the aftertouch is at an awkward angle and short. Reinstalling is reverse operation, but make sure the top metal panel is inserted back into its slot in the wood in the casing at the top in the back.)"
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

JnGd

Re: Moog midi problem

Post by JnGd » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi,

Check the manual, p.64, Master > local control > kybd > ON ? If not that, sorry, I am not MIDI nor computer hooked-up...
good luck !