Footpedal trouble

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
filosofem

Footpedal trouble

Post by filosofem » Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Hey guys, looking for a little help. Finally brought the correct PSU adapter and fired up my secondhand MP-201. To run over the basics, I used the 'Instant Gratification' examples to test it's functionality and the glaring obvious omission was a working footpedal. Restore Factory Default settings did not work, neither did footpedal calibration. I have upgraded the firmware to 2.1.0. Restored factory presets and recalibrate the footpedal, all to no avail. How do I get the footpedal to work?
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M

yesman

Re: Footpedal trouble

Post by yesman » Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 am

When you re-calibrated the pedal did the display values go from 0 (heel) to 4095 (toe)? and when you are in a preset with the pedal controlling say LFO amount are the channel leds dimming at the heel position and getting brighter at the toe position? Are you getting any CV at the outputs? The answers to these questions may help close on the problem.

filosofem

Re: Footpedal trouble

Post by filosofem » Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 am

yesman wrote:When you re-calibrated the pedal did the display values go from 0 (heel) to 4095 (toe)?
Hey yesman, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot.

The heel (UP) position says 3344 and the toe (DN) position says 1023. Recalibration UP position moves very little, maybe from 3324 to 3344.
yesman wrote:when you are in a preset with the pedal controlling say LFO amount are the channel leds dimming at the heel position and getting brighter at the toe position?
No.
yesman wrote:Are you getting any CV at the outputs?
Yes. It does send LFO Amount CV to modulate a MF parameter like 103 Sweep.
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M