I get so tired of thieves......

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Electrong

Post by Electrong » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Typically without permission you aren't legally using his picture without his permission. But one thing you have done: We all know now that you know the picture is owned by Kevin Lightner. Your continued use of it without his permission is knowingly infringing on the copyrights of it.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 pm

yeske wrote:Kevin,

I understand your silence as permission to use the photo with no limits.

Thanks

Jarek
Jarek, did you try a PM (private message)?

Or you could email him directly, you can find that through the forum or his "synthfool" website.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 pm

yeske wrote:Kevin,

Thanks

Jarek
That is EXACTLY what Kevin is talking about in this thread!

How can you take his SILENCE as permission?? Permission would be a written or oral agreement between you and Kevin to use his photographs. Maybe he hasn't seen your post. Maybe he doesn't feel like answering your post. But not answering is NOT permission by omission.

If I told you that I was going to start dating your girlfriend (or wife) and you decided to (justifiably) ignore me, does that give me permission to start bird dogging your girl?

The logic in your quote above makes no sense!!
Thanks Bob!!

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:08 am

Thewaag and MC are completely correct, Yeske.

Don't make assumptions about me that somehow give you your own self-declared rights.

You just showed that your previous apology was insincere.
All I had to do was wait.
Because like success, failure can't help but be noticed sooner or later.

yeske

Post by yeske » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 am

Kevin Lightner wrote:You just showed that your previous apology was insincere.
All I had to do was wait.
Kevin,

This was just to get any word from you, to break your long silence.
Be sure - we really DO NOT need your photograph any longer. So, we've completely removed it from the album cover art. It won't appear neither anywhere on the CES project site nor inside the (repacked) distribution music files freely available to download. The site will open again shortly.

Thanks for your kind response.
Best Wishes from Poland
Jarek

P.S. Kevin is ignoring PM's...
Last edited by yeske on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeske

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:27 am

yeske wrote: This was just to get any word from you, to break your long silence.
Did you ever think that maybe Kevin doesn't spend his life on the internet? Just because he posted this thread doesn't mean he was monitoring it hourly just to see the responses. A PM would have been the solution.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Yeske, perhaps you're not aware of it, but I have a life.
A fairly complex one full of many responsibilities.
At the moment I'm ill and have no health insurance.
I spent yesterday, again, at a doctor's office.

At the same time, I am a synth tech endowed with the trust of many top professionals, their rare synth gear and high expectations I intend on meeting or exceeding.
And I am a husband, soon to be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary.
And I have 6 cats, one that's almost 22 years old, others 17, 15, 13, etc.. all rescues, all happy.
And I have a house with a mortgage and approximately 28,000 sq ft of land to maintain to fire code regulations in the middle of a national forest.
And I get about 3-6 hrs of sleep a day and have not been on a vacation in almost 10 years.
My only car is 23 years old and I don't even own a cel phone.

Yet I keep a happy clientele, happy wife, happy cats all while living in physical pain myself and making less money than a high school janitor.
And I still take time to help almost anyone that writes me.

Entertaining your obviously insincere apologies or PMs is not something I view as useful time spent when I could be keeping said other people and animals happy.
I have better things to do than wrestle you and the seemingly endless numbers of selfish leeches incapable of working hard enough to earn their own way.

If you want a synth pic, work and use the money to buy one and then take a photo.
Or become friendly enough with someone that they'd invite you over to do the same.
Or perhaps email someone and ask for permission to use their photo.
Or even become a synth tech.
Many of the people on this forum have done one or another of these acts and have provided the opportunity to share photos and information many others might not ever get a chance to know or see up close.
But they've earned that right, as have I.

I am not ignoring PMs. Again you spout assumptions as truth.
Many people here have PM'd me and I've replied as soon as possible.
But I have the choice to ignore YOUR PMs and will continue to do so.
In fact, I've not even checked my email yet.. where I'm alerted a PM exists.
My time zone is very likely different than yours too.

So please stop with your assumptions about me and go do something positive of your own creation.
I doubt you could handle the level of responsibility I maintain and in no way do I owe you anything at all.

In short, STFU and get a life.

yeske

Post by yeske » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:In short, STFU and get a life.
You're so polite, Kevin. Nothing more to say.
Bye
yeske

MC

Post by MC » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 pm

yeske wrote:
Kevin Lightner wrote:In short, STFU and get a life.
You're so polite, Kevin. Nothing more to say.
Bye
Kevin said it better than I could. There is nothing more you should say.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:38 pm

EricK wrote:
MC wrote:And then there are hypocrites like matrixsynth who grabs piles of photos from ebay and from Kevin without asking and puts a disclaimer on his blogs that photos may not be used without his permission.
Not to mention videos too. I even found myself on his Blog.
Are you complaining? If so, let Matrix know and I'm positive he will remove anything he put up of yours.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 pm

No im not complaining I was just suprised to see myself somewhere I didn't post it. Actually Ive spoken with him and I don't mind at all.

I didn't mean for that to sound like I was complaining, so I apologize if you got that impression.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:I still take time to help almost anyone that writes me.
I can vouch for that. Kevin always answers my questions quickly, no matter how trivial :)

Btw Kevin, a cat that's 22 years old?!? Whoa...

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 am

Btw Kevin, a cat that's 22 years old?!? Whoa...
22 if she makes it until March 2010.

But here's some on-topic pics of her when she about 5 years old.

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:37 am

Way off topic here Kevin, but since you're a synth lover and cat lover, how do you feel about cat fur around synths?

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:22 am

Mr Arkadin wrote:
yeske wrote: This was just to get any word from you, to break your long silence.
Did you ever think that maybe Kevin doesn't spend his life on the internet? Just because he posted this thread doesn't mean he was monitoring it hourly just to see the responses. A PM would have been the solution.
Eh, I can see where both sides are coming from to a point.. If I innocently used a picture I found on the internet, not knowing where it came from, and found this thread with all the thievery accusations and what not, and then be ignored via post and PM while Kevin made multiple other posts in other threads surrounding this thread which he started and was a apparently a big deal... but ultimately it is Kevin's stuff and the post about 'taking the silence as permission' wasn't very tactful.. Anyway, seems like a big deal made about a small deal to me, but I haven't found myself in this situation on either end and I don't know all the details.. so just my personal opinion and not a criticism of either party.
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201