OS 2.5

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Symm

OS 2.5

Post by Symm » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 pm

I downloaded OS 2.5 from the SoundTower homepage. Has any one installed it? I'm using 2.4 and I can't send single syx patches to the Voyager any more. I think the last time I tried this (it worked then) I was using 2.0.

RL

Post by RL » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:28 pm

Hi!
Software version 2.0 cannot send single patches but the panel sound.
You will find the single preset dump in the Master menu 3.2 on version 2.5.
Good luck!

Symm

Post by Symm » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. I may have been sending the panel sound when I did this before. Months ago I backed up patches (I was really only guessing the OS I had installed then) and reloaded them. I also loaded the single syx files from the Signature, Preformer and Wolf banks that were found on the net many months ago. I just looked for those banks of single syx files here and at the Yahoo group and couldn't find them.
Yesterday I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4 without a problem, then backed up some of my patches using the 2.4 menu, but was unable to re-load the patches. I made sure sysex was enabled and ruled out a connection problem with my computer because the OS had installed correctly and other midi functions were working, but perhaps there is something I'm not doing?
I thought 2.5 might help because I noticed the SoundTower website lists "MOOG Voyager OS software 2.5 or higher" as a requirement for their software (I haven't tried Moog-Edit or OS 2.5); but...since my first post I read a message at the Yahoo group stating that Moog-Edit doesn't support raw sysex so now I'm thinking the difference between 2.4 and 2.5 may not address sysex issues?
:?

RL

Post by RL » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:28 pm

Hi!
There's only one difference between version 2.4 and 2.5:
the panel SysEx transfer on version 2.5 sends real pot values, the version 2.4 sends pot values affected by the touch surface or the pot maps. This bug fix avoids pot changes of the editor in the "Auto Dump" mode.

Symm

Post by Symm » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:31 pm

Thanks RL!

Symm

Post by Symm » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:35 am

The presets I sent from the menu which dumps individual preset numbers in OS 2.4 are the sysex files I can't re-load. Older files sent from the Panel Sound (dumped months ago) load correctly.