Got my Old School today!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
djthomaswhite

Got my Old School today!

Post by djthomaswhite » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 am

Received my Whitewashed Old School from Nova Musik today! Boy am I happy I ordered this. I have a LPT and wondered how different the sound would really be. I watched Youtube videos and comparison for weeks. Aside from coming to the opinion that someone who wants a Model D will only be happy with a Model D, I decided to buy the OS (The Free CP-251 deal helped too though and Nova Musik are great!).

I had no realistic idea about the actual size. I now know why the Phatty is deemed "little." The third Oscillator adds so much and the dual filter in stereo is amazing. Now if I can only learn to play leads like Eric Levy on that NAMM video! I'm gonna have to rearrange my studio to accommodate the large Voyager. It is deeper than my Rhodes 73 and hangs off the front and back a little bit. I want it by my modular for patching in extra CV's and VCO's with the jacks on the back of the OS. Thanks for the participants on this board. The Moog community is also a reason that it's easy to buy more Moog stuff.

Thomas

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 am

Congrats! We won't be seeing you for a while I guess! My dream is to have a modular setup courtesy of synthesizers.com controlled by an Old School. Awesome buy! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:49 pm

THats my only complaint, that the Voyager won't fit on the rhodes very good. THe other day I put it on there for the first time since I had it, but it weighs so much. It started sliding forward when I went to tilt the panel forward. I have a round top too so the micro wobbles.

THeres nothing in this world like a Moog and a Rhodes.

Its like molasses resting in the warm nest of a homemaid lard roll.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 pm

EricK, go to the fridge, or Subway, or something. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Boy, you must be in heaven. There's nothing like sitting back and just tweaking away, exploring, experimenting. I just bought an Ibanez EW series classical to use as a couch guitar. I'd never subject anyone to my playing, but I just like messing around and trying. It's fun. But it still pales to venturing with my Voyager. Something new with every tweak. I love it. As for getting your chops down: Scales. Start at C and do two octaves up and back down. Go up a fifth from there to G... up 2, then down. Go up a fifth and so on. Keep doing that, and doing it, and doing it. Trust me... you'll get your chops down. Go for clean first, then pick up the speed WITHOUT giving up clean.
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.