Mac OS X

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Crash

Mac OS X

Post by Crash » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:57 pm

My knowledge of MIDI is quite limited.

I've been using my Digi001 with the Voyager to send/receive sysex banks. Back in the days of 9.2, I used a program called SysEx 4.7.0. Everything worked just fine.

Now I've upgraded to ProTools 6 and OSX. Things are coming apart.

I've tried SysEx Librarian 1.0.4 to send presets and system software to the Voyager. I cannot send anything to the Voyager. The troubling thing though is that I can RECEIVE banks from the Voyager.

I have no idea what the problem is. I'm probably the only person out there that's trying to run a Voyager through a Digi001 into MacOSX.

I'm open to other suggestions. I have a Windows computer, just nothing to run MIDI through. Though I would consider buying with recommendations.
-cR

mpulver

Post by mpulver » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:29 pm

It sounds like the data is being sent too fast out of SysEx Librarian. I haven't used the app, but I would bet that there's a way to throttle the data coming out of the software.

Check the Preferences for something to add delay in-between the data bytes, or after the end of each data block, or possibly both. Start with about 20ms in-between each byte, and 50ms between each block.

Hope that helps.

Mark

futurepast

Post by futurepast » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:39 am

You must update your ProTools to 6.1.

I think that will do the trick.

Kind regards,

andreas