Suggestion for the next OS update

Everything Phatty.
denoiser

Post by denoiser » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:56 am

I like the glide behavior of the CZ-101. I works only when playing overlaping notes, otherwise glide is off somehow. I think it'll be useful. What do you think?

Summa

Post by Summa » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Due to the lenght of this thread I'm not sure if this already been mentioned, but when storing a sound I'd welcome if the LP would remember the actual Mod-Wheel setting, what is especially interesting for FilterFM Sounds...

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:26 pm

I was trying to emulate a theremin sound when I realized pitch wheel does NOT alter the filter tracking. Sending the PW to the filter is a very useful thing when using the filter like a 3rd oscillator or when using the pitch wheel with 12 semitones while setting kb amount to the highest.

Being a mono synth this should be a must, I guess.

PdMoog

Post by PdMoog » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:48 am

Summa wrote:Due to the lenght of this thread I'm not sure if this already been mentioned, but when storing a sound I'd welcome if the LP would remember the actual Mod-Wheel setting, what is especially interesting for FilterFM Sounds...
...yes...i quote it....
it could by good (for me) to have a mod whell
"minimum value" or "initial value" or "fixed value" or "range value"
saved on the advanced preset...
to have the modulaltion "ever on" without use the left hand....
(...where i need...)
you can find my music searchin' for my band
Periferia Del Mondo (rock / Progressive)

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 pm

A third oscillator!

All right, seriously, an arpeggiator would be good indeed
I second that
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

Jazzpunk

Post by Jazzpunk » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:48 am

Not sure if this was already suggested but I'd love to see the addition of storeable presets for pot maps. It would be great to have a bank of pot mapping presets right at your finger tips!
MF-102, MF-103, MF-107

Rfx

Post by Rfx » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 pm

What about these?
-When writing a patch into memory, be able to listen the old one by pressing a button (at the moment we can only see its name)
-Pressing preset knob 1 preset advance on/off selectable in master menu (I would like to really advance in ten presets groups by holding down this knob)
-Go to precision mode by pressing down two buttons (example: cursor+master)
-In precision mode, filter cutoff shown in Hz too
-More memory: additional 100 user patches bank

sine

Post by sine » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm loving the Little Phatty. I bought the synth hoping it would make me want to play, and it does. The instrument is very well thought out and easy to get around on. I have one OS suggestion.

In v1.03c, I realize the Store Preset sequence was changed so you don't mistakenly overwrite, but I'd prefer not to do the extra steps of hitting the Cursor button and turning the Value knob.

I suggest adding a preference in the Master section called SAFETY ON/OFF. With SAFETY ON, OVERWRITE status defaults to NO, which is how the OS is now. With SAFETY OFF, OVERWRITE status defaults to YES.

sine

Post by sine » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:42 am

Rfx wrote:What about these?
-When writing a patch into memory, be able to listen the old one by pressing a button (at the moment we can only see its name)
Hi Rfx, could you help me understand what you're saying here? Pressing the Preset button toggles between stored and panel sounds. Sorry if I misunderstand what you're suggesting.
-Pressing preset knob 1 preset advance on/off selectable in master menu (I would like to really advance in ten presets groups by holding down this knob)
Again, apologies if I'm missing your point, but pressing and rotating the Value encoder increments/decrements by 10 presets.
-Go to precision mode by pressing down two buttons (example: cursor+master)
I like this idea!

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 am

i second that :

sync (restart) the lfo each time a key is pressed.

Rfx

Post by Rfx » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi sine:

I would like to listen to the preset that I'm going to overwrite before actually do it. Now with current OS, when writting a patch to memory, we can choose location (00 to 99) and we can see its name, but you can't listen to it, so if you can't remember how it sounds, perhaps you are going to overwrite a good patch preset.

And when I press Preset Knob and rotate it one step, my LP goes from, p.e. "00 Moog Stage" to "11 Wah Tone", exactly 11 steps or 1 + 10, not 10. I would like to see the option to dissable this 1 preset advance in menu, becouse could be interesting to save the same kind of sound in similar ending preset numbers (basses = 02,12,22,32..,) and then scan only these (bass) presets you are searching for.

Thanks

sine

Post by sine » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 am

Rfx:
Got it! Thanks.

kungfugeek

Post by kungfugeek » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:46 pm

dagargo wrote:I like the glide behavior of the CZ-101. I works only when playing overlaping notes, otherwise glide is off somehow. I think it'll be useful. What do you think?
I would LOVE to see this too, and make it specific to the patch. There should be a portamento setting of Always and Legato. Legato meaning that portamento is ony in effect as long as a key is pressed. Always meaning like it is now.

PHC

Post by PHC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:48 am

MIDI control over Performance sets, so you can shift patch up/down in performance sets using a midi command (so you can program a midi pedal to do that instead of pushing this lame knob). That shouldn't be that hard to do.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:56 am

is there a date for V2 ?