How old is my Voyager?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Fantom Man

How old is my Voyager?

Post by Fantom Man » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:09 pm

I bought a second hand "Electric-Blue" Voyager V:3 recently, and was wondering if the date of manufacture could be determined from the serial number?
The S/N is: EB0194
Cheers,
Pete.
[b][color=darkblue]Electric Blue Voyager V:3.3, Nord Stage, Roland Fantom Xa, Roland SH-201 & Roland JX3P+PG200 Programmer.[/color][/b]

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Ohh that's an old one. Maybe from the 60's
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:56 am

Thank you sir-dss, that is really useful, NOT.
:roll:

O.K. I just want to say here that I meant no malice with my above comment, it was meant in the spirit of the post that it was in answer to!
Sorry for any misunderstanding that I may have caused.
Pete.
Last edited by Fantom Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=darkblue]Electric Blue Voyager V:3.3, Nord Stage, Roland Fantom Xa, Roland SH-201 & Roland JX3P+PG200 Programmer.[/color][/b]

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 am

what are you.....12 years old?

lol

GregAE

Re: How old is my Voyager?

Post by GregAE » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:35 am

Fantom Man wrote:I bought a second hand "Electric-Blue" Voyager V:3 recently, and was wondering if the date of manufacture could be determined from the serial number?
The S/N is: EB0194
Cheers,
Pete.
Welcome to the Moog forums, Pete.

The EB Voyager has been in production only about 2-3 years now. A low serial number would indicate that it was manufactured early in the production - maybe late 2004 or early 2005.

Short of contacting Moog (which you could do), I don't know of a way to determine the date of manufacture from the serial number.

BTW - The current OS is 3.3. You can get it here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?pro ... duct_id=40

Hope this helps.

- Greg

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:59 am

electrical_engineer_gEEk wrote:what are you.....12 years old?

lol
No, just putting a serious question to the obviously very knowledgable people on this Forum, sorry if I offended you in any way.
regards,
Pete.

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Thank you very much Greg, thats the kind of answer I was looking for.
And thanks for the welcome, I think that I have unwittingly upset "electrical_engineer_gEEk" and "sir-dss", that was not not my intention at all! :oops:
Regards,
Pete.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:18 pm

i was just remarking on your use of "Not" and it's original use primarily by 12 year olds in the mid 90's.....

but i think it might be making a comeback via the new Borat movie.....

"This suit is NOT black"

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:35 pm

electrical_engineer_gEEk wrote:i was just remarking on your use of "Not" and it's original use primarily by 12 year olds in the mid 90's.....

but i think it might be making a comeback via the new Borat movie.....

"This suit is NOT black"
No offence meant, and no offence taken I hope, good Sir.
This is one fantastic Forum, and I feel honoured to be here, having lusted after a Minimoog since I was a mere teenager. (I am 53 years young now).
I know that if I can ask you guys my stupid questions, perhaps you will take pity on an old'un and help me out!
All the best,
Pete.

Stuckinabox

Post by Stuckinabox » Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Fantom Man wrote:
No offence meant, and no offence taken I hope, good Sir.
This is one fantastic Forum, and I feel honoured to be here, having lusted after a Minimoog since I was a mere teenager. (I am 53 years young now).
I know that if I can ask you guys my stupid questions, perhaps you will take pity on an old'un and help me out!
All the best,
Pete.
I thought your question was a good one especially since I too wondered if there was some way to find the approximate manufacture date based on the serial number, and I'm not sure why you're the one apologizing.
electrical_engineer_gEEk wrote:lol
what are you.....12 years old?

:roll:

Fantom Man

Post by Fantom Man » Thu May 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Stuckinabox wrote:I thought your question was a good one especially since I too wondered if there was some way to find the approximate manufacture date based on the serial number, and I'm not sure why you're the one apologizing.
Fortunately, I did receive some very good help and advice from "GregAE" via P.M.
Cheers,
Pete.

:D