1.03 is here for Tribute

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:22 am

burdboy wrote:Did anyone get the .exe from Amos? He said he was going to get it to me today and no word from him.
Adam, I sincerely apologise! It was a hectic day and I didn't get everything done that I'd intended. Tomorrow morning I will post the .exe under the software download page for the LP Tribute on the moogmusic.com website.

in fact, CLICK HERE sometime after about 9:30 AM EST (err... wait, it's Daylight Savings time now... so that'd be GMT -4??? never mind) -- anyway, sometime in the morning, and the download should be there.

Kind regards,

Amos

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:32 am

Compliments to all people at Moog,love the new OS for my TE.GREAT!
Keeping it analog

edobedo

Post by edobedo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:58 am

Great upgrade!!! :lol:

Now my LP is more powerful, i love it!

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 am

Amos: don't you sleep? wow Abraham Lincoln only slept 2 hours per day too. It seems you answer ANY time of day or night....amazing :) BTW the new noise source rox :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:06 am

I don't sleep much, it's true. :)

The .exe firmware loader is up now!
>>dig it<<

mwalthius

Post by mwalthius » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:32 pm

Dubchild wrote:I left the LP on for 2 hours in my 72 degree house then did the Note calibration, which was successful, then did the PW calibration, which was successful, then the Osc.2 Freq. calibration which was successful AND... still getting the high pitched sine wave sound on Osc.1 16' on middle "C" with no octave buttons lit .
I had this exact same problem after updating my Tribute OS last night. I fixed it by simply calibrating note #60, which seems to be the one causing the problem.

Michael

FatBass

Post by FatBass » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:47 pm

I made the upgrade very easily via the LP_T_103b_exe (thx a lot for the creator). You should keep this way for the next upgrades.

I'v jumped directly from the orginal os to the 1.03tb and the high pitch tone artefacts became worse than ever and i'm very disapointed about it. I have this noise on all the notes (not only on middle C) :cry: I made the calibrations in order but still get that annoying noise. What's wrong with this ? Do i have to wait for the next update ?

babamoog

Post by babamoog » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Fatbass,

Try turning the egr matrix off by going to SYSTEM UTILITIES/EGR MATRIX.

Apparently scanning the EGR buttons is causing noise and using this setting stops the scanning.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:53 pm

How to hear the noise for myself?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

FatBass

Post by FatBass » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:41 am

Thx babamoog i turned it off and the bad noise is gone :D

But it sucks that we have to do it this way.

I guess/hope that it will be fixed by a new os update.

Thx !

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Why do so many people have trouble installing the new OS? Is it simply the difference in midi controllers or midi ports?

I have the cheapest midi port available, a Midiman (M-Audio) 1x1 (all $40 worth) and used Midi-Ox and had no problem whatsoever. The toughest part for me was figuring out Midi-Ox, and that wasn't all that tough once I read the directions regarding SYSEX.

I am about the most computer illiterate person around, and if somebody is going to have a problem with this kind of thing, it is going to be me. I was really fearful of installing the new OS in fear that I would cripple my LP. I waited a few days to see what problems others had before I tried it myself. Following the directions from Moog, this thing just practically installed itself.

As I said, I am no genius on this stuff, so there must be another reason that so many people are having so much trouble.
Thanks Bob!!

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 am

I have an Edirol UA-20 & its Windows driver is pretty damned finicky. I have to install it, reboot, reinstall it, plug it in again, reinstall, reboot, on & on & on. Its like I need the right combination of actions.

Additionally, if I don't disconnect it when I'm through, I start losing data on "other" USB ports where I have drives connected which is never a good thing.

Now everything seems good. It stays connected, I'm not seeing lost MSFT$ data anymore, I agree: if you have a decent MIDI connection MIDIOX is a no brainer.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/