Moogerfooger Power Supplies, Expression Pedals

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
thenick58

Moogerfooger Power Supplies, Expression Pedals

Post by thenick58 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:49 pm

Hi! I currently own the complete set of MoogerFoogers. I never really took the time to adequately learn how to use my electronic music equipment. Now that I’m about to relocate to another country, I’m downsizing radically and I’ve decided to sell the electronic music gear.

This is not a sales post. I’m conducting the sales through eBay. My questions have to do with which power supplies go with which MoogerFooger, as well as which MoogerFoogers included an Expression Pedal.

I’ve managed to figure out that the MF 104M Super Delay requires a 9V DC/400 mA power supply. I have another 9V DC/400mA power supply, but I’m not sure which item it powers — another MoogerFooger or the Theremin Etherwave Plus. The unenhanced MF 104M Analog Delay calls for a 9 V DC/400mA power supply, but all other MoogerFoogers simply indicate the 9V input. What is the proper mA level for these unmarked instruments?

Perhaps most importantly, where would I be able to acquire these power supplies? Sweetwater?

Some of you may be asking “How did I lose six power supplies?” I’ve been using a Voodoo 4x4 power supply for *all* of the MoogerFoogers, and the abandoned power supplies probably left in seek of a home where they would be used.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Acid Mitch

Re: Moogerfooger Power Supplies, Expression Pedals

Post by Acid Mitch » Thu May 23, 2024 5:31 am

I don't think any of them came with an expression pedal.
They need power supplies with centre positive polarity.
I'm pretty sure the voltage and ma ratings are in the manuals. If you no longer have the manuals you can download them from Moogs website.

If you do Google searches for mf101 power supply, mf102 power supply, etc you will find shops that sell them. Or you can just buy whatever ones have the correct specs.
Since you are selling your Moogerfoogers it may be better (cheaper and easier) just to sell them without power supplies.

thenick58

Post by thenick58 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:11 am

Thanks for your reply, but it just makes me go hmmmm.. I’ve purchased all of my MoogerFoogers either directly from Moog or from Sweetwater. I have four expression pedals I’ve never ordered. I’ve managed to figure out through a little digging that the EP was shipped with the MF-102 Ring Modulator, the MF-104M Modular Delay, and the MF-105 MIDI MuRF. That leaves one expression pedal I haven’t been able to link to a Moogerfooger. I’m hoping this thread draws the attention of a Moog product manager.

Thanks for your input on tracking down power supplies for the Moogerfooger line. I had thought the lack of a power supply would be *extremely* disadvantageous to a successful sale. At the same time, however, I don’t want to sell at fire sale prices. I have found what may be suitable adapters for less than $20. If I can sell the item for an additional $100 wouldn’t it be worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help as we as all the help you have given so far.

Nick

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue May 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Hi Nick.

I think Moog music as well as some retailers sometimes have offered a free expression pedal for the purchase of some Moogerfoogers. To my knowledge, no MoogerFooger was systematically sold with the expression pedal.

Hope this helps.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed May 29, 2024 5:53 am

thenick58 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:11 am I had thought the lack of a power supply would be *extremely* disadvantageous to a successful sale. At the same time, however, I don’t want to sell at fire sale prices. I have found what may be suitable adapters for less than $20. If I can sell the item for an additional $100 wouldn’t it be worth it?
You'll get the going rate for them with or without the power supplies.
If you look at sales places like Reverb.com you'll find that some sellers are asking more for Moogerfoogers without power supply than other sellers are asking for the same Moogerfoogers with power supplies.

Most people know the adapters aren't hard to find and don't cost much and many people are using multi power banks like the voodoo labs and Cioks stuff.
An extra $100 for a cheap third party (not original) adapter seems unrealistic imho. The condition and how many of the same model are available will have a bigger impact on pricing.
If you want to maximise your profit you could sell the expression pedals separately, since no one expects one bundled with the foogers.
Last edited by Acid Mitch on Wed May 29, 2024 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed May 29, 2024 5:56 am

stiiiiiiive wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:14 pm Hi Nick.

I think Moog music as well as some retailers sometimes have offered a free expression pedal for the purchase of some Moogerfoogers. To my knowledge, no MoogerFooger was systematically sold with the expression pedal.

Hope this helps.
That's right Stiiiiiiive. There were a few promotions but they weren't included as standard. That's why the Moogerfooger boxes don't have room for an expression pedal inside