load SUB37 preset when loading Logic Project (*SOLVED)

Everything Sub.
eltho

load SUB37 preset when loading Logic Project (*SOLVED)

Post by eltho » Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 am

Hi guys,

sorry if this question is too noob, and I did some surfing to find the answer, but still haven't figured it out...
My SUB37 is connected through USB and I wonder why that if I'm working with Logic, things don't sync easily. When I am working on a sound and happy with it, saving a setting in my SUB37, or even using a preset, I want the same setting to load when I open the Logic project. What can I do to achieve this? Can't be that hard?

Now I mostly just record the audio because it's the only way to be safe that I have the same sound, but then it's harder to change some things afterwards...

Thanks for any tips/info!
Last edited by eltho on Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chimponaut

Re: load SUB37 preset when loading Logic Project

Post by Chimponaut » Mon May 28, 2018 2:24 pm

It works perfectly here in Nuendo on a PC. So good in fact that I haven't saved a preset on the hardware in a while. So what happens when you load a song? Do you get a totally different sound or is it initialized or something?
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

dalahorse

Post by dalahorse » Mon May 28, 2018 9:34 pm

I'm thinking a MIDI program change at the beginning of the song is exactly what you're asking about. I've not sequenced with my Sub yet - but that's what I do with my other synthesizers and other MIDI devices.
Dalahorse
Synths, drums, and bass

eltho

Post by eltho » Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 am

Thanks a lot for the help!

When I have shaped and stored my sound on the SUB37 and then record a program change in the beginning of the song and it loads just fine now.