Moog Voyager Patches

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Ray_V

Moog Voyager Patches

Post by Ray_V » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 am

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a MiniMoog Vaoyager Select Series edition. I have been wanting one for years, it is one of the most inspiring instruments I have ever played, its fantastic!

I had a question regarding patches. Is there a resource for Voyager patches somewhere? I did a search on this forum but couldn't find anything definitive.

Also I would love to try and recreate the Vox Humana patch at some point - I know this is a Polymoog one but I'm sure you could get close to it on a Voyager - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

ummagumma

Re: Moog Voyager Patches

Post by ummagumma » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:51 pm

if you join the KNOBTWEAK yahoo group, it is IMO the best resource for information

they have all kinds of docs about other Moog gear as well

*edit* here you go, a link:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/knobtweak/info

Ray_V

Post by Ray_V » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Unfortunately I keep getting a message that an error has occurred whilst trying to join the group. I'll give it another bash later. Many thanks for the link though!

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 am

Ray_V wrote:Unfortunately I keep getting a message that an error has occurred whilst trying to join the group. I'll give it another bash later. Many thanks for the link though!
Try the link at the bottom of this message.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:54 pm

it amazes me how Yahoo dropped the ball with their groups...it's more of a pain in the ass to use now than ever

before that, they had Geocities & screwed it up too

both well before Facebook; they could have really done some great things with them

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Ray_V wrote: Also I would love to try and recreate the Vox Humana patch at some point - I know this is a Polymoog one but I'm sure you could get close to it on a Voyager - anyone have any ideas?
You can get close to the Vox Humana sound pretty quickly by tweaking the 'Space Strings' patch from the Select Series bank (patch 106). Start by adding a bit of vibrato in the Pedal On bus by setting the Source to triangle, Destination to Pitch, Shaping to ON, and Amount to about 14.

A few more adjustments will get you in the ballpark: Lower the Frequency Cutoff to about 99, Spacing to 0, and Res to 0. Raise the Filter Attack to 100, and lower the Volume Attack to 160. Tweak and fine tune from there.

The real Polymoog Vox Humana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_1L7x6HCSY

Greg

Ray_V

Post by Ray_V » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks very much for this, can't wait to try this out!