Minitaur editor bug?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
rickreid

Minitaur editor bug?

Post by rickreid » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:17 pm

I have been trying out the new editor update. Mostly, I think it is great! However, it seems to have a bug related to the VCF LFO AMT knob value. When transmitting a patch to the hardware, that knob value doesn't update until I either slightly nudge that knob on the front panel of the synth or that virtual knob in the software. Have any of you run into this? (I am using the standalone version of the app on Windows 10.)
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

rickreid

Re: Minitaur editor bug?

Post by rickreid » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Hmm. I've found a way to solve the problem, but I still don't know what the problem is, exactly. It has something to do with MIDI CC message from the mod wheel of my keyboard. If I turn on the CC filter in the editor software and turn up the mod wheel value on my keyboard to maximum, everything seems to work as it should. I have the Minitaur connected to my computer via USB midi and I have my Arturia controller keyboard din MIDI out connected to the Minitaur's din MIDI in. Somehow, the mod wheel value from the keyboard is interfering with VCF mod amount signal coming from the software.
Claravox Centennial, Etherwave Standard, Etherwave Plus, Theremini, Slim Phatty, Werkstatt, Mother32, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Minifoogers * Theremin30.com * StylophoneMuseum.com * RickReid.com

umbrella

Post by umbrella » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 pm

On Settings page of Minitaur Editor in Global Settings you will find "Load preset mod wh" - that should fix your problem.
Minitaur / MF Delay / MF Trem / CP-251 / Mac Mini / OS X 10.11.6

Chimponaut

Post by Chimponaut » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Have you checked the "Load Preset Mod Wheel" option on the settings page. This saves the MW setting as part of the preset. So if the MW is at 0%, or 75% or whatever when you save, that is how the preset will load up. I've had presets loaded from the editor that sounded different and it ended up being the MW setting. I did see something like what you are describing but I think I was still on the older FW when that happened. I will have to investigate some more.

Umbrella beat me to it.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo