No sound after 1.1 firmware update

Everything Sub.
thomasmooger

No sound after 1.1 firmware update

Post by thomasmooger » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 am

New Sub37 user. I was using it tonight and decided to update from factory to 1.1.
The update failed initially. I attempted the manual update according to instructions, but that also failed.

After that, the auto update actually worked, but no sound. Tried the auto install again, success, but no sound.

Any thoughts?

thomasmooger

Re: No sound after 1.1 firmware update

Post by thomasmooger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:44 am

Solved with 1.2 update.

captainkidd

Post by captainkidd » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:03 pm

thomasmooger wrote:Solved with 1.2 update.
That's good. I haven't updated mine at all, been a bit gun shy with a bunch of issues peoples had while trying to update or afterwards. So I haven't even looked at the Librarian yet. I know not everyone has issues but with my luck I would be one of the select few that does. It's the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

breun

Post by breun » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

The 1.2.0 firmware brings more features than just the ability to use the software editor/librarian. I'd say it's well worth the upgrade.
NEW IN 1.2.0
• Full compatibility with Sub 37 Editor software
• Compatibility with Sub 37 USB MIDI driver for Windows
• MOD WHEEL added to the SEQ MOD DESTINATIONS list
• Sequencer MIDI output: tied notes of the same pitch are now output as one longer MIDI note instead of multiple overlapping notes
• INIT PRESET settings changed: lower Osc 1 Level, Osc 2 waveform matches Osc 1, LFO Sync turned off
• Fixed LFO 2 Rate MIDI CC response
• Sequence is now saved in Panel Mode
Note: Is saved when you exit Panel Mode. Exit Panel Mode before turning off power to the Sub 37 if you want to save changes to the Panel Mode sequence
• Fixed Sustain Pedal function (MIDI CC 64 / CV Mapping: SUST PED)

breun

Post by breun » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:31 pm

thomasmooger wrote:New Sub37 user. I was using it tonight and decided to update from factory to 1.1.
Do you know what firmware version it was running before you updated? Maybe it was already on 1.2.0?

thomasmooger

Post by thomasmooger » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:13 pm

breun wrote:
thomasmooger wrote:New Sub37 user. I was using it tonight and decided to update from factory to 1.1.
Do you know what firmware version it was running before you updated? Maybe it was already on 1.2.0?
Good question. I seem to remember it being 1.0 -- but that could be wrong.