Trouble pitch tracking from Microbrute

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Brewski

Trouble pitch tracking from Microbrute

Post by Brewski » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:50 am

I am using my Arturia Microbrute to control my Mother32. The pitches track pretty well at the point of tuning, but the Mother falls out of tune after an octave or two. Each synth alone damn near pitch perfect across the whole range (checked with a tuner). Any advice for keeping them in tune across a wider range? Anyone with a similar experience, or more success doing the same? Thanks.

Patched as follows:
Microbrute pitch out >> Mother VCO 1V/oct
Microbrute CV out >> Mother Gate in

Paulogic

Re: Trouble pitch tracking from Microbrute

Post by Paulogic » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Can't you use Midi?
I had the same with an similar setup. Only 2 octaves correct, the rest out of tune.
Regards,

Paul(ogic) C.

PhattyFooger

Post by PhattyFooger » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:12 am

I am also having this issue, so if anyone have any info or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Paulogic wrote:Can't you use Midi?
I had the same with an similar setup. Only 2 octaves correct, the rest out of tune.

- Unfortunately, the Microbrute does not have midi out.

TanSAT

Post by TanSAT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:27 pm

I have the same setup and am getting decent tracking, but it is weird. For me the note selected on the mother's keyboard influences the tracking. I generally bring the microbrute down two octaves from the center then match the mother's octave and hit the same key on both units. I make sure I have let them both warm up and adjust the microbrute's tuning. Starting the sequencer on the mother will Bork the tracking and you'll have to do the 'play the same key' thing again. It is kind of neat because you can intentionally offset the tracking for 5th and stuff.

I also highly recommend running a vco out into the microbrute. Make sure the external input gain is down because the moog vco outward hot. But it sounds great to have two saws going the the microbrute!

Anyway. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Loopstation

Post by Loopstation » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 am

Brewski wrote:I am using my Arturia Microbrute to control my Mother32. The pitches track pretty well at the point of tuning, but the Mother falls out of tune after an octave or two. Each synth alone damn near pitch perfect across the whole range (checked with a tuner). Any advice for keeping them in tune across a wider range? Anyone with a similar experience, or more success doing the same? Thanks.

Patched as follows:
Microbrute pitch out >> Mother VCO 1V/oct
Microbrute CV out >> Mother Gate in
Hello,

I purchased the Mother Moog 32 and been playing with it as a standalone unit. After this interesting learning proces I conected the mother 32 with several CV/gate synths (microbrute/MFB Nanozwerg/arturia beatseppro/Korg sq-1/Roland sh-101). I did then notice that the keys in octave position 5 sound in tune. From the moment you go up the octave ladder the moog goes out of tune. I tested it also with midi and the problem stays.

Then I set up the Moog Mother 32 in calibration set-up and attached a tuner to the audio output and indeed the keyboard is way out of tune once you go up or down the octave position.

What shall I do now? Callibrate or not.