Sub 37 pacht library editor

Everything Sub.
Rene K

Sub 37 pacht library editor

Post by Rene K » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:05 pm

hello,
I got a lot of different sound patch's for my lovely sub37, but it's a bit difficult to organize them.
for my other sythn's "xpander, dx7 & d50" I got a simple patch editor for these job.

I got a separate music DAW "win XP without internet" and it works for years without any problems, and I don`t want to chance this.
Yes I know, someday a moog editor is coming, but I think it needs internet to install and got a lot of fancy thinks on it.
also patch by patch with midi OX is terrible for me.

so if anyone knows a simple patch editor to reorganize my patch's with an ordinary PC please tell.
Freeware or not.

greetings from Germany,
René

bernard

Re: Sub 37 pacht library editor

Post by bernard » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Rene K wrote:I got a separate music DAW "win XP without internet" and it works for years without any problems, and I don`t want to chance this.
Hi René,

when I read it, I thought "oops, did I post this?". Same situation here, running XP, never change a running system, and so on.
There is no other library for the moment except the moog editor. May be I will do it for my Sounddiver, when I get the SysEx Data one day. But this is not really up-to-date, as sounddiver isn't longer available.

But this is about the editor: you can mail Amos and he will send you a link to the prerelease (0.9.26) of the editor.
However, this is a prerelease and not ready yet. **

Regarding the library, it just has a few bugs, and the structure is debatable.
The library is sorted by alphabet or categories only. Of course, you can make a folder structure like on your harddisc (in fact, the sounds are stored physically with the same folder structure), but inside these folders, the presets are only sorted alphabetically.
So, you're never be able to backup your presets in order of your banks and numbers in the Sub37. There is, for instance, no file format for a complete bank (including its order).
This is what I did write to Amos, they should add a bank/nr structure to the library also, I suggested.

Of course, you may name your presets with bank/nr, e.g. "03/12 SawSolo", than it will be alphabetically sorted like your moog bank/nr order is, but this quite annoying.

The other item - which is a bug - is, you can't swap a preset on the "hardware side" between presetnumbers that are far apart from each other, e.g. swapping bank1, nr10 with bank8, nr.3 will not work because when you pickup and hold the preset with the mouse, you can't scroll through the list anymore.

These two items make it some tricky and messy to work with the library - for the moment.
I hope, Amos will solve this until the official release.

Happy new year!
Bernard

**P.S. With WinXP, my experience is: Forget the MIDIOx when updating your Sub37 (needed to use with the editor). Also, the moog installer will not work on 32-bit systems. I recommend using Elektrons C6 SysEx software, easy, uncomplicated and very quick and safe.

Rene K

Post by Rene K » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for the info Bernard,
yes, I also use the Elektrons C6 SysEx for software upgrades and never had any problems.

have you installed the editor without internet connection on your DAW ?
if the editor is released and there is no other way I must plug the sub37 on my newer i7 video cutting DAW.
but I don´t like this, because I take a strict separation between making music and the internet video pc.

bernard

Post by bernard » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 pm

If you got the link from Amos, you download a zip file, which you can transfer to your music pc. The update of the Sub37 requires USB, while the editor itself is just a .exe file, no install. The editor runs with MIDI as well as with USB. For the the VST-Plugin you only have to copy the .vst file (X86 on XP 32 bit) to the VST folder of your DAW.

Bernard

Rene K

Post by Rene K » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:43 pm

cool thanks.