Something's just not right...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
LaxSlash1993

Something's just not right...

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:26 pm

I turn on my Memorymoog+, and I'm greeted with this on Patch 1, as well as multiple other patches.

This happened before a couple of years ago (the waveforms thing), but I wrote it off as it never happened since (until now, that is), and I just replaced the patches. Voice tuning looks like it just needs a calibration, no idea how to fix the PITCH HI thing though (that's been there for a couple of years now on Voice 6 OSC 2).

Advice?

thealien666

Re: Something's just not right...

Post by thealien666 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 am

I'd say possible PSU problem, or battery back-up, or intermittent contacts in some wire harness ? Anyway, it looks like you MM might be in need of an overhauling by a qualified tech...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:11 am

Anyone near Buffalo, NY that you know of? Bucki's been MIA for God knows how long (I had it serviced by him in 2010 I think, haven't heard anything from him since)... I'd be willing to drive it maybe 3 hours at most. Shipping I'm extremely apprehensive about... would not let it touch a plane as I''ve seen how those get loaded, especially for shipping.... then again, I've seen how trucks sometimes get loaded too.

therealrx

Post by therealrx » Fri May 22, 2015 10:19 am

Don't know anywhere in Buffalo, but if you end up having to go further, there's a guy named Jeff Blenkinsopp at a shop called The Anlog lab (http://www.theanaloglab.com) who is fantastic. Worked on my Mini about a decade ago and was problem free until recently. Only thing is they're not cheap and they take a few weeks (I think) on most jobs. But if you have the time and money, they'll get the job done right.

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 pm

That's an option. What about Cleveland, OH.... wasn't there some place around there too? I may try getting a hold of Bucki again, as well (will post if I do). I found his old number that I had written down in my service manual... hopefully it still works.

MC

Post by MC » Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 am

Wes Taggart of Analogics is in OH

http://www.analogics.org
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi