Matriarch: Known bugs In firmware 1.3 on release - will they ever be fixed?

I came across this bug in the Matriarch yesterday, where when you set the arpegiator to be sent via midi, and you engage the hold button, it will keep the arpeggiation locked/latched, but it will also sustain the notes indefinitely. Making Usng the matriarch as an arp generator for third party synths, especially polyphonic ones, not possible.

To my surprise, i found that in the bottom of the release notes of Firmware 1.3 this bug was already mentioned and known!

Especially given the changes in the company, is it likely these bugs will ever be solved or adressed?

In the Moog Matriarch Manual
p65.
Global Parameters. Group 2
Section 2.6. Sequence keyed restart

Bug
The sequencer operation is not affected by the changes made in Global Settings.

So another year has passed, and here i am again. The issue still has not been resolved. Please Moog, if you have no intention of fixing this, at least open source the firmware or something. I would really like to use my matriarch more as a master keyboard. Below is a screenshot of Moog’s own release notes

1 Like

bump bump bump bump bump this thread

The Sustain/Hold button function is definitely messed up and is the one that frustrates me most. In my case the problem is that both the Hold button and Sustain pedal only send a MIDI CC64 value of 64 when pressed instead of 127. I’ve had to work around it several times over the past couple years. Theres several issues when you try to use it w local control off and want to incorporate the arp/sequencer.

So surprising…. Sold my Matriarch, bought a Messenger… Even more bugs… Moog is dead. Buy something else!

1 Like

It’s disappointing they listed the bug but didn’t fix it. With the company changes, legacy gear like this often gets neglected, so don’t get your hopes up.

The bugs in the Arpeggios/ sequencer are beyond a joke. trying to clock it with a cv clock and it’s just playing the keyed not for 4 ticks then the sequences notes. It stops playing the pitched notes if you turn any glide on. It’s just a fking mess.

Another year gone by, still wish Moog would do a few basic essential bug fixes for the Matriarch. Its a good keybed but i dont use it for anything else because of it. Have some pride and fix this, Moog; or Inmusic or whatever. Help people believe you actually care about customers

Bump. I just bought a Matriarch since it was a dream synth, but I ran into the polyphonic gate bug after around 60 seconds – I switched it on, tried a filter sweep, turned on polyphonic mode, played a chord, released a note to change the chord, waited a long time to hear the note actually turn off, and wondered “why isn’t note off working?? is it broken??”

I was already wondering if I had to return the unit as defective when I found this forum and threads like this one. Um… not feeling super confident in InMusic at the moment and wondering if I should return this and just wait until Korg’s new mystery synth is released. This was my first Moog and I’m wondering if InMusic already stopped caring about the brand.