Hi everybody, I’ve stumbled across a bunch of NOS 50K log Allen-Bradley pots, required for mod wheel pot replacement on the original Model D’s. There is a good description of mod pot replacement issues, by Kevin Lightner, on this forum. If there is interest, I would like to make these available at roughly the same cost as CAE’s substitutes.
Having played Minis since 1975, I will attest that the A-B taper is critical to getting nuanced degrees of mod. The feel is unique, and these pots provide that.
On my Mini, the first thing to go was the mod pot, and it’s been a struggle to find a replacement. These have a very gradual taper, and go down to about 1 Ohm, which negates the need for the reed switch mod on my Mini. No bleed through that I can hear.
These have a 0.25" shaft, but longer bushing than the original Moog part. The wheel’s set screw does tighten, as is, without modification. I would provide installation notes just in case.
Any interest?
Thanks.
Those NOS Allen-Bradley pots sound like an excellent solution for restoring the original Model D modulation feel. The gradual taper and low-end resistance closely match the original performance, making them a valuable replacement option for vintage synth enthusiasts. While these are different from Allen-Bradley PLC systems used in industrial automation, they reflect the same reputation for quality and reliability that the Allen-Bradley brand is known for.