Poly fun with the Voyager! (additional tools required)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Tibbon

Poly fun with the Voyager! (additional tools required)

Post by Tibbon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:03 am

A few fun things that you can do with a Voyager (Haven't gotten to try them yet, as I don't have the VX/CP units, but soon... and they should work great!) that actually makes it a single oscilator, 3 voice poly synth!

If you have a Midi -> CV convertor, such as those from Doepfer, or Kenton, then you can send your note values via midi to the convertor, and convert them to 3 voices of CV (needs the bigger and cooler Midi->CV controller, but they exist). Then, use the Mod Busses and the pitch CV input to route the CV back into the oscilator's pitch. You should be able to get the keyboard then (which does track and output multiple notes via midi, since it uses a Microprocessor, unlike the older Mini's that actually do only track one note at a time) to do three voices! You might even be able to get your convertor to have all three notes send even if only one is being pressed, so that when you are playing mono-lines, then you're still getting 3 oscilators, and then it would split to three single oscilator voices if you played a chord. How cool is that? I haven't tried it yet, but it should be fun. Someone do it and post some sound clips!

Also, another (maybe already very much overdone and I just haven't heard it yet on a moog?) idea would be to use the lag generators on the CP to create different amounts of glide on each note. Very fun.
Signature #144