Announcing SquareWave: A new Voyager online resource

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
GregAE

Announcing SquareWave: A new Voyager online resource

Post by GregAE » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 am

SQUAREWAVE: THE VOYAGER RESOURCE.

Announcing a new web site catering to all Moog Voyager owners. It’s called SquareWave: The Voyager Resource. SquareWave is designed to help you get the most out of your Voyager by providing space to exchange patches, organize and share information, and post links.

NOT ANOTHER YAHOO GROUPS WEB SITE!

Actually, it is a Yahoo Groups web site, but SquareWave is different. It’s been customized to meet the needs and interests of Voyager owners. But what really makes it different is that the content is already there. Unlike other Yahoo Group sites, SquareWave is already brimming with content right now, and more is planned.

SquareWave features Voyager patches by Qwave, LWG, Cruel Hoax, BrianG, Monads, and GregAE. Some of these patches also include MP3 sound examples to help place the patch into a sonic context. Most have descriptions of how the Voyager controllers affect the sound, along with suggestions on processing the patch further. And, of course, everyone is welcome to add their own patches as well (Note: Please read the UPLOAD document carefully before you post!).

SquareWave also includes helpful, downloadable information to assist you with sound programming and sound development, troubleshooting, and provide answers to frequently asked Voyager questions. Additionally, you’ll find lists of reference texts, videos and other materials to further enhance the Voyager experience. You’ll also find organized web links to point you to sources of information covering all aspects of Electronic Music.

And there’s also a surprise or two…

NO COMPETITION
SquareWave is not intended to compete with the Moog Music Forums. Instead, its purpose is to compliment the forums by providing capabilities currently not available, namely patch uploads and information consolidation. We expect that all discussion will stay here, with SquareWave adding a few of the missing pieces.

OKAY, SO WHERE IS IT?

You’ll find it here:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/

Since SquareWave is a Yahoo Groups web site, you’ll need to click on the ‘Join this Group” button to register (sorry, their policy, not ours). Fill out the required information and you’re in! Read the 'Welcome' message first to familiarize yourself, then have a look around. Download some patches, check out the resources, and tell us how you like it.

(Note: if you’re not registered with Yahoo you will need to get an account. Go to Yahoo.com and register. Then go to SquareWave and click on ‘Join this Group’.)

So stay here for the discussion, but go to SquareWave for the all the resources to make your Voyager online experience complete.

See you on SquareWave! :)
Last edited by GregAE on Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:38 pm

Sounds excellent. I'll join.

boose44

Post by boose44 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:19 pm

Great idea, and great excecution, Greg!

Maybe one day I'll be good enough to contribute some patches! lol

-bruce

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm

I just signed up. See you there!

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:04 pm

boose44 wrote:Great idea, and great excecution, Greg!

Maybe one day I'll be good enough to contribute some patches! lol

-bruce
Thanks for compliment! For me, there's no good or bad where Voyager patches are concerned. Depends on how they are used. I'll bet your stuff is 'good enough' already!

BTW, we have well over a hundred new patches on SquareWave. Download a few and check 'em out. If you have the Editor Software, you can really get into the details on how the patches work - and learn quite a bit in the process!

- Greg