SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME. ..moog sweeps!!

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
kingnaya

SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME. ..moog sweeps!!

Post by kingnaya » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 pm

hey,.. im wondering if anyone can help me because i soooooooo need too learn this... but in alot of oldschool programmes and songs.. there was sweeps.. ..i found a sample of one and it was called moogsweep.... but i really need too learn how too make them.. what oscilators and such.. weather its an apreggator or people playing it by hand. its really hard too explain so i can just show you a youtube clip.. i have plentyyyy more samples .. so if u dont know what it is by this clip i will post another link

THANKKKKK UU SOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for helpin me.. this is a big help and i love you all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg they play all through this clip but peticularly at 1 minite and 9 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtz3rdXtTmg .... this is a perfect example of what i need.. at 53 seconds the sample repeats itself.

Niko

Re: SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME. ..moog sweeps!!

Post by Niko » Tue May 18, 2010 4:25 am

Hm, a sweep sound is usually achieved by a rising attack set. Sometimes followed by a certain decay set. This can be applied to the filter and/or to the oscillator(s). With a Voyager for example you can control this behaviour also with an external audio input signal. Here you could change the sound (harmonics) by time, depending on the attack time you've set.
Unfortunately I could not get the sound you would like to achive by the mentioned youtube samples. Maybe you have a more precise sample for me?
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

alexvandervorm

Re: SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME. ..moog sweeps!!

Post by alexvandervorm » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:33 pm

arpeggio or a sequence
would do the trick put it fast