I Think Doepfer is Reading This Forum Again

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
johnll

I Think Doepfer is Reading This Forum Again

Post by johnll » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 am

I don't tend towards paranoid ideation :wink: but I think Doepfer must be reading this forum. Check this out:

This sequencer is not shown at NAMM as we could not finish the prototype in time. In the first place it is planned as an analog sequencer for DARK ENERGY (same design and dimensions) but can be used in combination with other devices too.

It features 16 steps with on/off, skip, reset and stop switches for each step. Different modes are are available: 16 steps, 2 x 8 steps and different repetition modes. It has available CV/Gate outputs, Midi and USB. It is equipped with an internal clock oscillator but can be synced to Midi clock as well.

Features like transpose, direction (forward/backward/random), quantize on/off and ranges switches are planned.

Date of Delivery: ~ spring/summer 2010 Price: ~ Euro 400.00
From http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/ ... k-preview/

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 pm

They may be reading here, but I will own one of those when it comes out at that price. (I see it even has a quantizer.)
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm

I have theorized that Doepfer has been reading the "What should Moog build Next" forum.

So maybe Moog shohuld create a forum with limited access for those who frequently come up with designs that are Moog specific, so that we can riffoff eachother and share ideas.

Or we should mutually agree to share such Ideas with Moog only.

How many of us have wanted the envelope Generator in a cp251 sized format to complete our Fooger synths BEFORE Doepfer came up with this?

And Yes, if the price is right, Ill likely get the dark time sequencer too.
Im missing a few sequencers in my current setup. Now, only if they would rack mount theirs.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

That sequencer looks cool, it'd be especially helpful if it connected in with Moog's synths (I'm not sure what the output of Doepfer's devices are, +/- 5 volts??).

And as for this Doepfer reading the forum stuff, I love Moog and all, but as they say "ya snooze, ya lose" (even if snoozing involves designing a Taurus 3)
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:05 am

THIS is what I had in mind for MOOG to produce in their CPx format!
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/