any "Non-Synthie-Players" getting the Taurus 3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
rkharper

any "Non-Synthie-Players" getting the Taurus 3

Post by rkharper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:36 am

Hi, I'm Rafi, the new Kid in Town,

I'm eagerly awaiting the Taurus 3, it wont be my first Synth (had once a Moog Prodigy, and now a MicroKorg) but normally I'm not a Synth-Player at all, I'm mainly a bassplayer (doublebass, electric bass), and also Guitars and other stringed instruments like Mandos / Bouzoukis and so on.

Is there anyone out there getting the Taurus 3, who isn't mainly a Synth-Player? how are you gonna use the Taurus 3, and what Kind of music are you gonna play with it?

HB3

Post by HB3 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey, Rafi, how'd you vote on the Swiss minarets? Pretty interesting.

I'm not primarily a synth player and also a bass player, but I mostly play piccolo bass. I'll be using it to substitute for a real bass player as necessary.

Piccolo bass review:

http://wildysworld.blogspot.com/2009/11 ... -bass.html

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Hey Rafi, I'm a bass player in a cover band, and we play a mix of classic rock, dance, hard rock and heavy metal. I have owned Taurus Is and Taurus IIs, and the Taurus IIIs will replace the Roland PK-5/JP-8000 MIDI bass pedals I currently own. I use bass pedals mainly for the Rush covers we do, but also to help fill in lots of little bits on the rock and metal covers, as well as various parts on our originals. We are a 4-man, 3-piece band, and the Taurus help make up for the lack of a keyboard player or a 2nd guitarist. Welcome to the forums, and enjoy!

lexsadler

Post by lexsadler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:24 pm

I'm a bass player and I would LOVE one for hip hop tracks....

But unfortunately I haven't put a deposit down... so let's see if they do another run of production
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lexsadler]Visit me on Myspace[/url]

rkharper

Post by rkharper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:46 am

HB3 wrote:Hey, Rafi, how'd you vote on the Swiss minarets? Pretty interesting.
Well, quite a big issue in switzerland. I dont know if political discussions are allowed in such forums, anyway, I voted NO!! of course, and its a f...ing disgrace and shame to call myself swiss these days, just for the record; I dont know any people who voted yes, thats about it....

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:58 am

I started off as a Bass player, but I do have synths and am into synthesis. I bought these pedals because I want more options for Bass because I want to be able to lay down any kind of bassline one might want.

I also want to be able to accompany other instruments with a bassline, learn somewhat of an organ bassfoot technique. I want to do a track with my fretless and taurus together with some jamming sort of stuff and of corse I want to get down with duophonic moog synth action and even for filmscores.

I want to be able to figure out how to trigger the taurus with my bass pedal and the voyager with my snare and the micro with my high hats.

I try to play in almost all genres, mainly funk/blues and electronica. Ive always wanted to do some serious collaborations with hip hop artists.

if you want you can check out some of my music at myspace.com/rhythmicons
reverbnation.com/rhythmicons
and some of my youtube videos at
youtube.com/rhythmicons for a better idea.