Okay..I give up..what IS the handle-looking chrome bar?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm

GregAE wrote:I've had the privilege of writing a number of Moog User Manuals in the last 5 years or so. This includes the three LP manuals (Tribute, Stage & Stage II), the MP-201 Multi-Pedal manual, the Voyager/RME combo manual, the Old School User Manual and OS Patch Book, and various addendums and firmware update docs.
Great to know this Greg.... :D

I've had the privilege that they used my edited version of the MP-201 v2 Addendum...i was very very honored for this... 8)

dr_floyd

Post by dr_floyd » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Ha! Well I guess I won't try lifting the little bar. Thanks for the info Greg.

And Greg, since you're doing the manual, can the Arpeggiator be armed/latched entirely from foot control, or do you need to press the on/off and latch buttons by hand? Also, is Latch On stored as part of the preset?

Thanks.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

dr_floyd wrote:Ha! Well I guess I won't try lifting the little bar. Thanks for the info Greg.

And Greg, since you're doing the manual, can the Arpeggiator be armed/latched entirely from foot control, or do you need to press the on/off and latch buttons by hand? Also, is Latch On stored as part of the preset?

Thanks.
The Arp can be turned ON/OFF or Latched under foot control. Notice the footswitch labeled 'Transpose/PGM'? In addition to functioning as a Transpose control, that switch can be programmed to toggle the Arpeggiator ON/OFF or the Arp Latch ON/OFF, and the setting is stored as part of the preset.

That switch has couple of other functions, but you'll have to wait and read about it all in the manual.

Your patience will be rewarded! :D

- G

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Can we get a PDF of the manual before deliver? Can we? Huh? Can we?
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:37 am

Hi,

and first of all a big fat THANKS to everyone @ MOOG for bringing back the bottom end!

After having seen the T3 pics, I must say that after some time of "getting used to" I like the overall design. Simply TODAY´s version of my beloved T1...

The only thing I could never come to terms with is that cheapish-looking chrome bar. REALLY out-of-place, just as if somebody hastily put it there in a "last minute" action, after having forgotten to come up with a proper solution at an earlier design stage.
Just imagine how cool the unit would look without it!

It´s a mixed blessing anyway:
I understand it´s there to protect the pot - but at the expense of somebody abusing it as some makeshift carrying handle, in spite of warning notes in the manual (who really reads them after all?).

I would have chosen a push/pull ( or push/push?) pot solution, with the knob sitting flush with the pannel surface when not in use. This type of pot is commonly being used on studio gear, hifi equipment... and yes: on synths as well!
Just my 2 cents ;-)...

Kind regards from Heidelberg/Germany,
Karsten

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am

kiwi wrote: I understand it´s there to protect the pot - but at the expense of somebody abusing it as some makeshift carrying handle, in spite of warning notes in the manual (who really reads them after all?).
Ouch - that stings! :(

I figured it would be good to get the word out now before the instrument becomes widely available. The warnings about not picking up the instrument by the bar or the pedals will be in the manual, of course, but for those people (ahem!) who don't/won't read manuals, this is for them.

Actually, you're going to want to RTFM (that's 'Read The Fine Manual') this time to learn how some of the T3 functions (like the TRANSPOSE/PGM foortswitch) operate.

- Greg