Midi Solutions may produce some more T1 midi conversion kits

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
omvibes

Midi Solutions may produce some more T1 midi conversion kits

Post by omvibes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi All,

As a T1 owner who's not sure whether he wants to get the T3, here's something which may be of interest to T1 owners who would like midi on their units.

Was speaking to John at Midi Solutions in the UK, who used to do a now long-deleted T1 midi conversion kit (both midi in, and midi out - nb latter is fixed velocity only), about whether they might consider a re-issue in light of the T3 arrival, here was his reply.

'I'm sorry but we don't have any plans to re-issue the Taurus 1 kit.

However if you can collect another 9 like minded people (so 10 in total)
then we would be prepared to do the re-design. Payment would need to be
in advance though - cost for each kit would be 275 pounds GBP plus
shipping costs and then VAT if applicable'

For those in the US, £275 is about $450 plus VAT and shipping.

I'm not 100% sure what he means about 're-design', but I presume it meant that they would make these as one offs, specifically for a set order, hence the 'minimum order' comment.

What do you think, any takers around here? I'd be up for it, only 9 more people to find....

Post your comments etc, and PM me if interested...

Oli

MC

Post by MC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:53 pm

If that is the kit that shoehorns the key contacts as opposed to a v/hz interface, definitely count me in as Kenton used to offer that kit and it was a better design than a v/hz interface.

"Re-design" may mean subbing an updated upc, esp if the old design is at least ten years old.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 am

Ask Kimber - he would probably buy the remaining 8 units for all of those T-1s that he sells to over the hill rock stars....

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
..::PATOBRUJO::..