Step sequencing software?

Everything Phatty.
gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 am

MichaelPeterTrowbridge wrote:
patobrujo wrote:... but i feel the explanations may be useful for someone else here...
Yes! Especially I would like to know whether I will be able to send the sequence to my (hopefully arriving on saturday) MP-201 via USB and then from there via MIDI or CV to the LPTE?
I'm not an expert on the MP-201, but it should work like most other midi interfaces. Connect the MP-201 to computer via USB. Connect whichever output you want(cv or midi) on the MP-201 to whichever input you want(cv or midi) on the LPTE.
The cv inputs on the LPTE should already be configured for the most part. The midi input needs to be assigned. Make sure it is set to whichever channel you willl use(prob. CH.1) and you set the midi clock as external if you want the sequencer to determine the time. This is all explained in the LPTE manual, if you have not read the midi section, I would suggest doing this now.
Once you are connected and configured on the hardware end you must configure the software. In all VST software there are options which allow you to select multiple midi functions. The LPTE should appear on whichever software you are using as a midi device. Make sure it is selected on CH.1. For this example make the midi channel output to CH.1, same as input on LPTE. I'm not sure if this is too simple of an explaination, or too complex for you guys. It's really easy once you understand "midi flow", but I hope this helps at least to start!
P.S. READ THE MANUAL!!!
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 pm

gtivr6fan wrote:
MichaelPeterTrowbridge wrote:
patobrujo wrote:... but i feel the explanations may be useful for someone else here...
Yes! Especially I would like to know whether I will be able to send the sequence to my (hopefully arriving on saturday) MP-201 via USB and then from there via MIDI or CV to the LPTE?
I'm not an expert on the MP-201, but it should work like most other midi interfaces. Connect the MP-201 to computer via USB. Connect whichever output you want(cv or midi) on the MP-201 to whichever input you want(cv or midi) on the LPTE.
The cv inputs on the LPTE should already be configured for the most part. The midi input needs to be assigned. Make sure it is set to whichever channel you willl use(prob. CH.1) and you set the midi clock as external if you want the sequencer to determine the time. This is all explained in the LPTE manual, if you have not read the midi section, I would suggest doing this now.
Once you are connected and configured on the hardware end you must configure the software. In all VST software there are options which allow you to select multiple midi functions. The LPTE should appear on whichever software you are using as a midi device. Make sure it is selected on CH.1. For this example make the midi channel output to CH.1, same as input on LPTE. I'm not sure if this is too simple of an explaination, or too complex for you guys. It's really easy once you understand "midi flow", but I hope this helps at least to start!
P.S. READ THE MANUAL!!!
What you describe is exactly what I would have done/will do! Just wanted to make sure I haven't forgotten anything, as it seemed to be suspiciously simple;-)

Thanks!

PS: I will reread my LP manual for sure. Just finished the MP-201 one...

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

midi is not complicated at all, once you get the hang of it. Make sure to set the LPTE midi out to off, to ensure no midi feedback. Also the MP-201 will show up as the midi device, not the LPTE. Sorry for that. The MP-201 should pass the midi signal on thru to the LPTE.

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot gtivr6fan!! i actually use my LP connected via MIDI with mi MP-201, a Roland Juno G and a Hammond MIDI foot controller, my question was directed to the use of software sequencers (VST) and the Host program. I've downloaded Chainer but don't really know how to use it... how to load the VST's and use them... thanx again
..::PATOBRUJO::..

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Chainer is easy, once it is installed, just open program, load in a vst! First go to settings tab in the system drop down menu. You must select midi ins/outs and the audio driver you wll be using. Next load your vst. You have to make sure the load window is set to look for vst files, and not fxp. files. You can click the "Editor1" or "Editor2" button to display the vst.You can the play the vst's seperately or layered together.

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 pm

i've done it!! great, thanx a lot, at night i'll give it a try with my LP ('m at work now)... let you know how it turn out :D
..::PATOBRUJO::..

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 pm

gtivr6fan wrote:Chainer is easy, once it is installed, just open program, load in a vst! First go to settings tab in the system drop down menu. You must select midi ins/outs and the audio driver you wll be using. Next load your vst. You have to make sure the load window is set to look for vst files, and not fxp. files. You can click the "Editor1" or "Editor2" button to display the vst.You can the play the vst's seperately or layered together.
Don't forget, if you want to run hardware through chainer you have to add an input to the top of the chain.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]