Prices Dropping

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
kimber

Post by kimber » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 am

Now you are talking to me baby. I love Austin. I went to college there. Since I can fly for free, maybe I will take a trip to Moog headquarters and find out what's really going on. I will keep you posted. Where's Waukegan? I thought it was in Wisconsin. I do know where the guy in Colorado is. It's a pretty nice suburb, and I don't think any musicians live there. It's mostly doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, and hedge fund managers. Hey, check out ebay, there's a set of Taurus 1's for $4600...and they are beat up.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:32 am

Moog is in Asheville North Carolina. I'm 50 miles from Chicago Illinois, and very close to the Wisconsin border. Timmy is in Austin, and yes, Austin is a very nice city. Also, I refuse to spend 10% of what I make in a year on a falling apart Taurus I. You've got money; if it's so awesome, YOU buy it! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

timmy

Post by timmy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:47 pm

uh... neat.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:04 pm

kimber wrote:I do know where the guy in Colorado is. It's a pretty nice suburb, and I don't think any musicians live there. It's mostly doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, and hedge fund managers. Hey, check out ebay, there's a set of Taurus 1's for $4600...and they are beat up.

As long as you are doing research on my suburb, there are actually quite a few musicians here on the Ranch (many of them are very good, and we play at Denver's top-paying clubs & bars, not frat parties, weddings or bar mitzvahs), and quite a few regular working-class folk (like me) as well. As for Sting, I don't think he qualifies as a "gigging musician" (we gigging musicians actually haul & set up our own gear) - I would say he's a rock star - a rock star who probably would have toured with Taurus 3s if they had been available during his last tour. As for the Taurus 1s for $4600, they have been sitting there (and will continue to sit) for quite a while, along with the T-1s priced in the 3k range. If you want to make your point, try using your grey matter instead of your insults & assumptions - you will get a lot more respect from me and my fellow forum members (Thank You, Voltor & Timmy). Cheers! Oh, you were right about one thing - I do love Rush.

kimber

Post by kimber » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 am

O.K. I just sold a set of Taurus 1's for $5000!! It seems my grey matter just out performed your $50 a night gig.....and I didn't have to haul any gear around. They were an early serial number in excellent condition. I told him that he could buy 2 Taurus 3's, but he isn't convinced the sound will be the same. He bought a Voyager, and then sold it for a real Minimoog. Oh, I gave him a year warranty (the same that Moog will offer on the Taurus 3's). OUCH!! There's always somebody smarter than you. Good luck!!!

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:01 am

kimber wrote:O.K. I just sold a set of Taurus 1's for $5000!!
And then the alarm clock rang and woke you up! Sounds like someone here is trying to sell Taurus 0nes for silly prices & is having no luck. Btw, we pull down $600 - $900 a night, and I could get a lobotomy & still have more grey matter than someone who would sell or pay $5k for a relic. There are some smart folks here, and you are not fooling any of them.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

kimber wrote:O.K. I just sold a set of Taurus 1's for $5000!! It seems my grey matter just out performed your $50 a night gig.....and I didn't have to haul any gear around. They were an early serial number in excellent condition. I told him that he could buy 2 Taurus 3's, but he isn't convinced the sound will be the same. He bought a Voyager, and then sold it for a real Minimoog. Oh, I gave him a year warranty (the same that Moog will offer on the Taurus 3's). OUCH!! There's always somebody smarter than you. Good luck!!!
You just love being an asshole, don't you? :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:25 am

Well Voltor, every man should have a function in this world, and it looks like we found what Kimbers is!! And I thought we had cleared out the last of them when we finally got rid of your doppleganger....

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:33 am

superd2112 wrote:Well Voltor, every man should have a function in this world, and it looks like we found what Kimbers is!! And I thought we had cleared out the last of them when we finally got rid of your doppleganger....
Well, with many thousands of forum members, they can't all be helpful supporters of the new Moog Music, right? At least this guy isn't latching on to a specific member...he hates everyone equally. :wink:

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 am

He appears to be latching on to me, but I know if I rubbed some hemmoroid cream on his head, he would simply disappear. Hey, Kimber - hush up - grown folks talking here. On that note, I won't waste any more space here responding to posts from the new village idiot.

timmy

Post by timmy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 am

kimber - do you have any pics or documentation on these $5000 Taurus to share with us? That's great that you made so much. Congrats! What will you do with all that money? that's a boot of loot! I guess since you fly for free you won't have to waste on plane fare. tell us about your rig, your gig... i'm interested.

timmy

Post by timmy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

... crickets ...

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:05 pm

i'm enjoying this :D

i wouldn't buy a set of taurus pedals for $5000 even if i got that kind of cash...
..::PATOBRUJO::..

kimber

Post by kimber » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm enjoying this, too. Well, I hope the Taurus 3's sound as good as the Taurus 1's. Chances are that if Moog sells 1000 of these pedals (which they have not), they will produce more on demand. Right now, we are the guinea pigs for these pedals. If they sound terrible, we are screwed. Sound is subjective, and the Taurus 1's price will go through the roof. I do hope the Taurus 3's sound as good or better than the Taurus 1's. It's a $2000 gamble, but that's how you get ahead....knowing what's going to happen. I think a trip to Moog is a smart idea.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 am

Well, fwiw, I think the Taurus 3's will sound great, and I'm glad I ordered a set. I love my Voyager, and my LP, but I will be the first to concede that neither of these sound exactly like a Mini, which, if it worked well and was a reasonable price, I would purchase one.

If you can make a killing selling a T-1, I say more power to you. I bought my old Micros and my Prodigy for peanuts back in the day, and then sold them for almost 10x the price years later. None of them sounded quite as good as my LP, let along my Voyager RME. A lot of that old gear is great ie, minis and Taurus 1's. But it's easy for people to look into the past with rose coloured glasses with anything analog or old.

I'm confident that Moog will deliver on the T-3's. They make great gear, and that's why I chose to make the investment.