MuRF A-OK! Review in practice...

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sir_dss

MuRF A-OK! Review in practice...

Post by sir_dss » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:21 pm

This afternoon I recieved the MuRF. I was running late to play with my friends but waited around just to see if it was in the mail. After getting the MuRF I ran off to play. My friends were quite impressed by the MoogerFooger look. They have never played any MF's before more of ZVEX people.

I'm quite happy about it. I did have some resevertaions about effects that have a fixed timebase, that what kept me from the MF-103 phaser. After reading the manual I was releived to see that you have much more contol over the features than I had thought. Meaning you can really fu*k with the tempo, envelope, LFO MIX. I'm going to try and send some Sample and Hold CV to it tonight. It says that you can even do a bit of PROGRAMING with other CV contolers like sequencers, EG's, or something like a Blacet Binary Zone(everyone should have).

It was perfect for our little Spaceman 3 texture/drone jam. I was playing it with the Voyager next to me not on the floor. A few things:

Got some amazing "soothing" modulated filtering with it.

It could easly do the Bleep/Bloop thing.

Has illusions of playing backwards.

Maybe the best psych tremolo I've heard.

It also works pretty well as a bandpass filter when you turn off the animation(pattern 1 on A&B banks)

I'm kinda excited about this strange little primitive 80's sequences when you have all but a couple if filters up, almost like a 70's Kraftwerk sequence, and that just on it's own with only a noise source being filtered by it, no "playing" on the keyboard.

And above all IT SOUNDS GOOD AND SPECIAL!

I only wish they could of made the legnths of the faders a bit longer. So you could really fine tune your frequency levels. But it does have so many features on it, real estate must of been running out. Still no big problem.

It another MoogerWinner. I just hope I don't start hearing everyone use it in the same way as the Ring Modulator. Someone do a circut bend on this...