Arpeggiator

Everything Phatty.
Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Good to see you, Amos. I finally got home and have been showing my Phatty the love and attention in deserves.

I wonder, though, how a step-sequencer would work in a two-line display. That would be... err... a challenge. One thing you could do is implement it in the Editor-Librarian SW so you could update a sequence for each patch and then dump it. You could also implement an arpeggio editor. I bet you'd sell more E-L programs that way.

... And of course, you'd put me on the free beta list. ;)

BTW, a Phatty with a built-in step sequencer would be a phenomenal board... even more than it is now. One of the only reasons that I've been humping my Fantom to gigs lately is for the sequenncer. If I could gig with just the Phatty, the Vox and a drum machine, I'd be thrilled.
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:09 pm

A built in sequencer would be the greatest thing ever!
It would make the Phatty the perfect synth!
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 am

jamezdd73 wrote:A built in sequencer would be the greatest thing ever!
Wrong! It's already perfect. A sequencer would turn it into the Chuck Norris of mono synths, minus the roundhouse kicking. Maybe that could be an addition in OS 3.00? :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:35 am

Voltor07 wrote:
Wrong! It's already perfect. A sequencer would turn it into the Chuck Norris of mono synths, minus the roundhouse kicking. Maybe that could be an addition in OS 3.00? :wink:
:shock: You're absolutely right. It IS a perfect synth. That built in sequencer... Would make it a God amongst monkeys.

Or as you put it... The Chuck Norris of mono synths...

3.00?

I hope not, that implies it'll take longer to happen!
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 am

3.00 would be for the roundhouse kick feature. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Anna's Digit

Post by Anna's Digit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:38 am

Amos wrote:there will definitely be some updates to the LP arpeggiator this year, and a step sequencer is not out of the question although it's just a notion at this point.

Definitely in the cards is full MIDI CC implementation for the arpeggiator, so you'll be able to stop and start the arp, change the rate, and even edit the octave and pattern settings on the fly via MIDI. Should be pretty fun.

Sorry I haven't been around lately; it's been super busy here. I'm trying to catch up a little bit, before I leave for the NAMM show this weekend.

If anyone else is coming to NAMM, be sure to stop by booth 6100 and say hi!

-Amos
Looking forward to those new/upgraded features

:)
Who 'em i ? who are you ?
Born in 1987 .
http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs (8bit/lo-fi proyect)

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:14 am

...have fun at NAMM.... I got to go once, as I do consulting work for Yamaha... Bob was there, signing autographs... I declined the autograph, and instead got to speak with him a few minutes about some of his articles he'd written a while back... what a gracious gentleman amongst all of the hype and hoopla of a trade show... hope to go again next year.
(Yamaha usually has a building to itself)

jgirv

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am

jgirv wrote:(Yamaha usually has a building to itself)
That's because they make everything you might want and some stuff you'll never use, and some stuff you don't want but buy anyway just because it's available. :lol:

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 pm

I concur.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 am

I totally concur

So, I had the Tribute upgraded yesterday and like I said to Amos by email I really love the new 2.0 features
My only update wish, arpeggiator-wise, would be a random function along with the up, down, order, etc...
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson