Going modular! Also Editor/Librarian 3.4.1 and Mac OS X 10.5

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
RichardK

Going modular! Also Editor/Librarian 3.4.1 and Mac OS X 10.5

Post by RichardK » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:08 am

I just bought the VX 351 and rackmounting kit for my Voyager - will I be able to to make many interesting things with it before I have a CP-251 or any other modules?

Also, I'm having problems with the Editor/Librarian under Mac OS X 10.5.6 and the new 3.4.1 update of the software. My Moog has 3.4 firmware.

It won't send patches. Or rather, the application isn't recognising the patches. The MIDI Sysex looks identical and if I use Version 3.0.0 of the software it still works perfectly, but 3.4.1 won't import a bank to the library.

I've made a Sysex dump for them to look at but I really don't think it's the Voyager.

I'm using an eMagic Unitor8 interface with the most recent driver (Intel Mac support) lifted from the Logic 8 media.

Editing the sounds with the software editor works without problems so communication is clearly possible!

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:40 am

If you have the Vx351, you can route all of the Voyagers outputs right back into various inputs so yeah you can do a host of goodness with JUST THAT.

Your Cp251 will add more deliciousness to those options.

Now I don't know about the Editor stuff, Id try it on a PC if you can, you might have better luck with that.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.