What is your favorite feature about your Moog

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:27 am

Well even the great Stradivarious (spelling) loses its value if its not played.

I don't know anyone who wants to store their gear in a vaccum.

NOthing lasts forever.

Kevin I thought you told me that the Voyager depreciates in Value when I talked about getting a loan to buy one.

Ah hah! You lose one point for contradicting yourself.

Ill allow you to collect your thoughts and bow out respectfully.

lol

(Okay heres one for you Voltor:
Chuck Norris has been spending his time since the early 70's gathering and submitting photos and documents of every synth ever made to interested parties and prospective website developers. He did this all under his pseudonym KEVIN LIGHTNER because he wanted to start from scratch on the publics view of what it really means to be awesome.

He got the Idea from a 60's rock band when he recoiled in horror when he learned that "Derek is Eric."

But Chuck still plays the part today. He shaved his chest hairs and stapled them to his head and learned how to play the keyboard and is rumored to have a shop somewhere in the mountians in California where he plays synths that are not quite as awesome as he because he wires them that way.)

I see right through you Mr. Lightner, if that IS your real name. Hmmph.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 am

EricK wrote:
(Okay heres one for you Voltor:
Chuck Norris has been spending his time since the early 70's gathering and submitting photos and documents of every synth ever made to interested parties and prospective website developers. He did this all under his pseudonym KEVIN LIGHTNER because he wanted to start from scratch on the publics view of what it really means to be awesome.

He got the Idea from a 60's rock band when he recoiled in horror when he learned that "Derek is Eric."

But Chuck still plays the part today. He shaved his chest hairs and stapled them to his head and learned how to play the keyboard and is rumored to have a shop somewhere in the mountians in California where he plays synths that are not quite as awesome as he because he wires them that way.)

I see right through you Mr. Lightner, if that IS your real name. Hmmph.

Eric
Well, only Chuck Norris could have supper with his family and Chuck Norris, so technically, that IS possible. :? Kevin DOES seem to be a bit too awesome for words. He's ALSO the same height as Chuck Norris. Has anyone actually SEEN Kevin Lightner? I've seen his arm on YouTube...it's big and hairy...like Chuck Norris'. I find it interesting that the room didn't explode when Chuck Norris and Kevin were in it. The evidence seems pretty clear to me, EricK! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Kevin I thought you told me that the Voyager depreciates in Value when I talked about getting a loan to buy one.

Ah hah! You lose one point for contradicting yourself.

Ill allow you to collect your thoughts and bow out respectfully.
You were planning on storing it for 30 years in an isolation chamber?
Sorry. My bad.
I'll learn to ask questions next time... ;-)

Voltor.. somehow I get the impression that when Chuck Norris eventually does die, you're going to sit on the lawn near his grave and wait for the ground to start moving.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 am

Kevin Lightner wrote: Voltor.. somehow I get the impression that when Chuck Norris eventually does die, you're going to sit on the lawn near his grave and wait for the ground to start moving.
No, because if and/or when Chuck Norris does get buried, there will be a massive explosion, which will mark his expulsion from the earth in which he was buried, and a fiery volcanic explosion will soon follow. That is, if they can actually get the coffin into the ground. I have a feeling it will just levitate above the hole. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

moognase

Post by moognase » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Chuck Norris won't die. Death will Chuck Norris.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm

moognase wrote:Chuck Norris won't die. Death will Chuck Norris.
That's what I'm thinking, as well. :wink:

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Well, as of now, sadly, I only own one Moog synth, my Taurus pedals. What do I like about them? Well...when they are properly amplified, or running through a good PA, they'll do what they were built to do...RUMBLE.
I often panic while making sandwiches.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:11 pm

I love your quote, JaseyT. The Taurus III's will not disappoint, as I have faith in the wonderful company known as Moog Music. Also, the Little Phatty has some killer bass, as well...I signed up for the T III's early on just because I could. :lol:

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks! That quote comes from the one and only Crow T. Robot.

I agree, the absolute LAST thing I expect is being disappointed in the T3. On the contrary, once mine finally arrives, I'll probably tuck it into bed with me for at least a few nights. :lol:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:22 am

lolol
RIGHT!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:19 am

JaseyT wrote:Thanks! That quote comes from the one and only Crow T. Robot.

I agree, the absolute LAST thing I expect is being disappointed in the T3. On the contrary, once mine finally arrives, I'll probably tuck it into bed with me for at least a few nights. :lol:
Ah yes. A fellow MST3K fan. Remember the Conn trumpet episode? We're white, we're white. We're really really white. Great stuff!

I tried sleeping with my LP the first couple nights. I always woke up on the floor, though. :mrgreen:

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 am

You bet! MST3K is an all-time favorite of mine. You know, I don't remember the Conn trumpet episode. And if your LP kicked you out of the bed, just imagine in what condition one would wake up (or maybe never wake up again) after trying to snuggle with Taurus pedals.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:48 am

Ugh...sounds painful. One could be skewered by that beast. :shock:

JaseyT

Post by JaseyT » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:17 pm

It's beyond me how I've kept my 1975 T1 set from harming me all this time...

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:11 pm

What is your favorite feature about your Moog?
Two things: CV flexibility and user interface design. Lots of power, but easily navigable.

Bryan