No, rubberized
9%
I really don't give a shiz-nigh-hit
14%

Total votes: 35

HB3

Post by HB3 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
HB3 wrote:I'd kinda just like them to look like the originals. Wood seems like overkill.
Are you suggesting that the Moogerfoogers' wood sides are overkill? They are just effects pedals, after all. :wink: Seriously, though. Why would wood sides be overkill?
Well, I don't know, I guess you could look at a set of Taurus pedals as just, like, a really big moogerfooger....

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:Yeah wood has the advantage of being gig-worthy, and when it gets tatty, replaceable. Also these things will be quite heavy i realise, but surely that's better than having some lightweight thing moving across the stage as you stomp on it?
Would rubber be more gig-worthy, as well as being more protective?

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:14 pm

mayidunk wrote: Would rubber be more gig-worthy, as well as being more protective?
In some ways - although my rubberised OSCar synth looks good, it's actually not that tough. Also, if they do get damaged there'll be no way to replace them.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Don't forget that if the wood gets scratched, it can be sanded and refinished quite easily. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

funkfleaba$$

Post by funkfleaba$$ » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Like I said... make wood sides and option. Those who want wood can get it, and those who dont can have whatever material Moog decides as standard. You get 7 different cabinet choices on the Voyager, why not just have wood as the only other option for the Taurus pedals. Great topic Voltor07!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:28 pm

funkfleaba$$ wrote:Like I said... make wood sides and option. Those who want wood can get it, and those who dont can have whatever material Moog decides as standard. You get 7 different cabinet choices on the Voyager, why not just have wood as the only other option for the Taurus pedals. Great topic Voltor07!
Thanks! Your idea is cool too! I don't think Moog will have an optional choice as that would increase their overhead and bring costs up, but it would be cool. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 pm

EricK wrote:Moogerfooger pedals are not just effects pedals.
I was TRYING to make a point...the Taurus is not just bass pedals. They are high quality pieces of art that make your spine rattle and the walls of your house do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p7G4hpvUn4 and are worthy of wood side panels. :mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Hey, I have to give you a hard time man.

When you say that the FOogers are just effects pedals then you totally negate their uniqueness lolol.

Yeah I saw you on the youtube comments dissing on the Taurus pedals. :lol:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 pm

I think the new Taurus would look sharp in a package like the MP-201 Multipedal.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 pm

EricK wrote:Hey, I have to give you a hard time man.

When you say that the FOogers are just effects pedals then you totally negate their uniqueness lolol.

Yeah I saw you on the youtube comments dissing on the Taurus pedals. :lol:
Just the overpriced vintage ones...I really can't justify spending 3k plus on pedals that only create similar bass sounds to the LP. Now that they are bringing to the table bass pedals with MIDI, an arp, hopefully wood sides, and other features ( :?: ) I can justify spending 2k. But I mean c'mon! 3000 dollars for something that JUST does monophonic bass?! :shock:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 pm

MC wrote:I think the new Taurus would look sharp in a package like the MP-201 Multipedal.
Perhaps...but I think no. Just my opinion. I much prefer the "classic" look to the modernized look.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Heres my thoughts on the packaging.

WHen the LP came out thats a new look and thats cool. Then Mp201 came out and it looks like it perfectly matches the phatty.

Im hoping that we will have some stuff that matches the Voyager/ Foogers because to me that is just in the classic tradition.
Although for the Taurus pedals, if they want to recreate a taurus then do it sp mil spec plus the modern goodies.

my two pesos.

But I also think that the Taurus pedals are more than similar to the LP, I don't think they woudl go to such effort to do this if the Voyager or the Phatty were able to compete at all. I don't own a Phatty so I don't know about the Filter OD.

I did hear some taurus pedals on kill bill the other day, trying to isolate what song it was on. I noticed them immediately based on the samples on the site.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ABsound

Post by ABsound » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:11 am

How about an aluminum case like the Phatty and MP201?
It would be light, durable and SEXY!!! Wood can be used as an accent as well, but not all over.

Stan741

Post by Stan741 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:09 am

Wood Sides = YES. T1's sides emulated wood - but this was during the era of Ricardo Montalban touting the merits of "fine corinthian leather"... I thought the T2's looked great with the wood.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:17 am

ABsound wrote:How about an aluminum case like the Phatty and MP201?
It would be light, durable and SEXY!!! Wood can be used as an accent as well, but not all over.
Think LPTE. :mrgreen: