Which pedal to get first?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
primetime

Which pedal to get first?

Post by primetime » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:31 am

Hi, new here. I am planning on getting a new Moog pedal and am not extremely wealthy so I can probably only get one. I've been thinking most about the ring modulator, but both the low-pass filter and Murf look interesting as well. Another question is about the difference between the lpf and the Murf? Is the murf a better version in some ways of the lpf?

I play a fender strat with a wah, distortion and octave pedal and am looking to find some sounds like Spacemen 3 and Sonic Youth to go along with what I'm already doing.

Also, a bit of a shallow question, if I bought the pedal new here would it be the Moog logo or the Bob Moog signature logo? I guess if I'm going to spend this kind of money on a pedal it should have the logo I want!

Thanks!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:07 pm

When I think about classic SY(SST days) I just hear weird/cool guitar tunings with a CRANKED tube amp. But now today...Lee does have a 102 ring mod, and I think Jim is using a 104 delay.

Spaceman 3 = fuzz and choppy tremolo. Maybe the 102 set on a square wave and a low LFO rate.

You know you can mod any analog delay or just about anything else that has a pot to control functions to use an expression pedal?

man from uranus

Answer for PRIMETIME

Post by man from uranus » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:39 am

Hey PrimeTime. RingMod Man. Get the Ringmod - then as an amazing companion,the CP-251. But get the ringmod.
If you live in sunny England like I do, you'll have to make do with the Bob Moog signature, as there is a fake Moog company in Britain who won't give up the rights to the name (typical English yob attitude). Outside England, Ithink its MOOG.

primetime

Post by primetime » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:09 pm

hey thanks for the info. I went into a shop and checked them out and I liked the ring mod best. I can't wait to get one!