Moog analog sequencer for the voyager?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
puppets

Moog analog sequencer for the voyager?

Post by puppets » Mon May 31, 2004 11:35 pm

Will MOOG Music ever build an analog sequencer like the MOOG 960 again for conrolling the voyager for instance?

/Jonas
'I tweak til it hertz...'
Jonas

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:13 am

Why should the build an 100% analog one? You choosed the Voyager for its storage of patches which isn't analog at all.

I use the Manikin-Electronic step sequencer called Schrittmacher.
Analog like user interface, and plenty of rows to play with.

www.manikin-electronic.com/en/index.html
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

puppets

Post by puppets » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:42 am

No, I chose the Voyager because it is analogue. The memory storage was something it had... :wink: I think presets/memory kills the lust for exprimentation.

For me personaly, I prefer to work with an analogue sequencer because I find it much more fun to deal with, therefore I think it would be great if MOOG decided to bild a new analogue sequencer that has both MIDI (for the MIDI freaks outthere) and CV/GATE (for guys like me who likes control voltage)

But I guess I'm lucky enough that they built the new Minimoog Voyager but it would have been nice if they did a analogue sequencer aswell.
Jonas

ouijasaucer

Post by ouijasaucer » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:45 pm

Here's an analog sequencer: http://www.synthesizers.com/q119.html

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:54 am

... and this s the problem.
There are many analog Sequencer n the market!
You realy hAve the choice, i use some from Doepfer,
and this ones got midi and CV/Gate. (and memory)
If you look for a Sequencer like in the old Moog-Modulars, goto synthesizerDOTcom or ClubofKnobs.

puppets

Post by puppets » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:27 pm

Thanks all :)

yeah I know about all those sequencers, I even used to have a Doepfer MAQ 16/3 but I was hoping that MOOG would build a sequencer again, that's all :P

But I guess that won't happen, I think the MAQ 16/3 is the best alternative so far.
Jonas

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:14 am

Hi,

One of the best analog sequencers (if not the best) is the TKB (Touch Keyboard Sequencer) from STS. They also develop the TEV (Touch Envelope Voltage) and various x-stage sequencer programmers. These are extremely flexible especially when combined with boolean logic modules. (For instance you could program a sequence, hold a key on another synthesizer and send the signal to an AND gate, and another signal coming let's say from a kick drum. (CP-251 here). When BOTH signals are present the boolean module will output a logic 1, the triggering will occur and the sequence will play. It is extremely fast, it arrives with ms precision!)

However, both units are very expensive. For their asking price you get horizontal and vertical sequencing, multiple outs, reset, lovely pads (area sensitive) and so on. You will also need a few cable modifications because these use unshielded banana plugs. Alternatively you can get a Nord Modular G2/X which is not analog, but its sequencing capabilities are VAST.

8)