performer vs anniversary vs signature....?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:56 pm

I agree with whoever said that the light control knob should have been placed near the lamp connector, although there is a slight possibility it could be snapped off, especially when you tighten your gooseneck lamp using pliers! :)

goldphinga

light control placement

Post by goldphinga » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:00 am

u guys are missing the point. mounting the light control would add more labour costs for moog as the metal case would have to be altered specially for the a.e. i can't understand why there is even an issue about the light control. who says that all controls placed near the keyboard should be performance related. performance controls are placed by default to the left of the keyboard, the light control is on the right. as i said in my previous post, it is perfectly placed and does not get in the way. hindisght is a dangerous thing and in this discussion it is pointless.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:21 pm

Hey, I thought this was a free speech forum?

We are all here because we either own a moog, are about to own a moog, dream of owning a moog or have owned moogs in the past . . . we are all coming from the same place, no one here is diss'ing moog.

Someone answer me this then (Steve, Bob, anyone at moog), goldphinga you talk of 'more labour cost if the case is altered", so how have they got the panel to light then? Is it via some form of luminous plastic under the fascia laminate or have they had to remanufacture the metal case to allow LEDs to shine through? If that's the case then surely it would have been relatively easy to put a knob elsewhere . . . and haven't they had to add labour cost in getting the new timber panel machined?

My point was to do with esthetics and detail . . . I know why it ended up there (It's the simplest and cheapest solution), I don't need to be told, I just wanted to hear other peoples reactions.

I am not fused about performance controls being near the keyboard . . . they are there because moog put them there 40 odd years ago but for other manufacturers that's not always the case.

Personally, I don't think any discussion is pointless . . . if you find such discusion pointless then don't reply to it