Updates using the Mac

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
another fine day

Updates using the Mac

Post by another fine day » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:57 am

greetings folks,

I'm trying to get SysEx 4.8.0 (on macOs9) to read the .sys files for update to 1.5. Even after autotyping it just won't see them(greyed-out transmit field and '0' in the file size box). I've backed-up the V1 files from the Voyager>SysEx no problem, but no luck in making any sense of the downloaded update files. They also appear to be about 28k each(not 37k as are the V1 files). All to weird for me, especially as the .sys files appear to be Simpletext, not binary....
Any suggestions greatly received!

thanks in advance,
afd

mpulver

Post by mpulver » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:25 am

It's hard to tell from the wording of your post, but is this your first time using SysEx? Try using the the "Open Any" function of SysEx, not "Open".

If this isn't your first time, and therefore you're saying that other updates have worked fine, then try downloading the files again. They should be 37,459 bytes each. Use COMMAND-CLICK witih your browser and then choose a function similar to "save link as" instead of just clicking on the file itself.

Hope that helps!

Mark

another fine day

Post by another fine day » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:50 am

Thanks for the tips, Mark. I am a novice Sysex user, but had tried 'Open any' and it makes no difference...I've tried
downloading on both broadband and normal, and although it sees the file as 37k, all I ever get is 28(odd)k on disc, and always the same amount. I'm using Explorer(latest), and 'save as' function. Something keeps getting lost on the way...

Idiot here has no idea of what your 'command-click' function could be(I may know it as 'control S'?), but ta anyway... According to the download advice page, files are zipped, though Stuffit 7 tells me they're not....and doesn't unstuff. Ho hum...no nice filter pole options for me today...!

another fine day

Post by another fine day » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:29 am

Aha ! For anyone else as stupid as me, this is what you do:-

1 Hold down the mouse button on the black download box(es)
2 menu appears, click on 'download link to disc"
3 use ' open any' on Sysex
4 freak out when you erase the flash rom on your Voyager
5 relax when you successfully see that bar go across the display(twice...)
6 relax even more when you check your(new field)software rom version

Right. i'm off for a heart-attack caffeine and 6 hrs non-stop programming...

Thanks to mark for getting me there(if only by stimulating my persistence)

have another fine day now....