Midi Ox

Everything Phatty.
HB3

Midi Ox

Post by HB3 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

I know this has been posted a million times, but can someone please repost the info on how to store presets via Midi Ox? It's not working for me for some reason....

dave500

Thanks Amos

Post by dave500 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:12 pm

To save patches from the Little Phatty:

hook up a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT on the Little Phatty to the MIDI IN on your computer (or whatever kind of MIDI interface you have hooked up to the computer).
If you haven't set up MidiOX already, go to the Options menu and click "Midi Devices."
in the MIDI devices window, click and highlight the correct input and output device.

This tells MidiOx what to use for sending and receiving. (Then click OK)

OK, now that MidiOx is set up, click on the View menu and choose SysEx.
A window will pop up called "SysEx view and scratchpad."
click on the Sysex menu in this window, and choose "Receive Manual Dump."
Now MidiOx is waiting for you to send something from the Little Phatty.

On the LP, press the Master button and then use the Value knob to scroll to the SysEx Menu.
you can use the Cursor button and Value knob to select different options on the SysEx menu.
Send Cur Preset sends only the currently-active patch, Send All Presets sends all 100 presets as one single bank file.
for the first time, I recommend sending the whole bank just so you have a backup copy of it on your computer.
when you have Send all presets selected, hit Enter, and you should start to see some data coming in on the computer screen. The Little Phatty will display the message "Sending All Presets."
When this message dissapears and the SysEx Menu is displayed again, the LIttle Phatty is done sending data. Click the "Done" button in MidiOx.
Now all the data is shown in the Display window, and it needs to be saved.
To save the data, click on the "Display window" menu in the Sysex view, and choose Save As.
Name the file and choose where you want to save it, just like you would in any Windows program. Ta-daa! done. This same process works if you are sending only a single preset (SEND CUR PRESET on the LP SysEx Menu). If you are sending only a single preset, it's a good idea to save the sysex file using the same name as the preset, so you can identify it easily.

To send patches to the Little Phatty from your computer:

You must (of course) connect a cable from the MIDI OUT on your computer to the MIDI IN jack on your Little Phatty.

Be aware that if you are sending a single preset, it will automatically replace whatever preset is currently active on your Little Phatty. So, before you send a preset as a sysEx file from your computer to the Little Phatty, go to Preset mode on the Little Phatty and use the Value knob to select the preset which you wish to replace.

In MidiOx, go back to the Sysex view window (View menu + choose Sysex, if you just opened the program)
Click on File and choose Send Sysex File.
select the sysex file you want to send, and hit OK.

The Little Phatty LCD display will show "Receiving Preset" very briefly, and then you should see the new preset displayed on the Little Phatty LCD. If you are sending a bank of all patches, the transfer will take slightly longer and all 100 presets in the Little Phatty will be replaced by the presets from the SysEx file.

This is from Amos sometime back
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:07 am

I could've sworn this's what I've done. Sending patches is no problem. Receiving them...not working.

I'll try again later....

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:18 am

I got it to receive a patch this time...but there's still a couple weird things...when I have MIDI Ox open, I can't really navigate through patches on the Phatty -- spinning the value knob doesn't have much effect...also, there's some sort of data streaming in the main MIDI Ox window -- I can get it to stop by clicking the "REC" button in the bottom of the pane, but it doesn't seem to effect anything otherwise.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:29 am

Oh boy, now I've done it....tried sending a bank of patches and it gave me the "the port is transmitting data to the device. Wait until the data has been transmitted, then try again" -- causing all my stored patches to turn to garbage. So now I got nothin' on the Phatty....nothin'. Garbled garbage on the screen.

Advice welcome!

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:37 am

Ok, this is really weird...trying to load a bank causes the above error and a garbled screen...loading a single patch, however, works, and then straightens out the screen so the other patches are present and seem to be working....except they stop at 71 or 72 -- which seems to correspond to where Midi OX craps out on the transfer, about 2/3rds of the way through.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:48 am

"Factory restore" at least got the whole LPII bank running again...

dave500

Midi Ox

Post by dave500 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:45 am

I think you need to increase the buffer size in MidiOx that should fix it.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Worked like a charm, bro....

andybutler

Re: Midi Ox

Post by andybutler » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:19 am

Thanks Amos,
saved the day.
Slim Phatty was not responding right at all, couldn't load presets except by midi from external command and controls wouldn't work.
Saved presets, Factory reset, Restored presets.
all good
Andy