Sorry, but, could this guitar be any uglier?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
ryanlh

Post by ryanlh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 pm

what i think if you made a " Field Upgrade Kit" where they put the electronics on a pre-cut pick guard! so you could upgrade the exising jag electronics to a MoogJag or a Jaoog hahaha...
No seriously it would make it sooo much easier for moog to find one or 2 guitars of each major guitar company (with appropriate internal chambers to accomidate of coarse) and just ship the electronics on the pick-guard and strings. then everyone is happy!
can i suggest my fav guitars:

rickenbacker 330 or 360
Gibson SG (angus model)
gibson 335
Fender Jag or Jazzmaster
Fender strat if you must to make the populas happy
mosrite ventures!!
Voyager Performer SN1610 ( ryanlh signature edition )
Source SN1578, MF101, MF102, MF107, Voice Of Saturn w/ Sequencer, MicroKorg (vocoder use only).
dreaming of the hobo edition moog guitar.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:49 am

+1 on the Ricky 360. Also, would like to add Epiphone Dot for the kids who can't afford these guitars, but who are good enough to make use of said circuitry. For example, some of the bands in my area (like Flaming Boner) would totally rock with a Moog guitar. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ryanlh

Post by ryanlh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:58 am

Yeh can you imagine noise/experimental bands like mars volta / mogwai or explosions in the sky getting one of these man!!!! it would be awesome!
-R
Source SN1578, MF101, MF102, MF107, Voice Of Saturn w/ Sequencer, MicroKorg (vocoder use only).

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 am

ryanlh wrote:Yeh can you imagine noise/experimental bands like mars volta / mogwai or explosions in the sky getting one of these man!!!! it would be awesome!
-R

:shock: It would knock Chuck Norris to the ground! Which would create a paradox turning the sky yellow and the grass blue! That WOULD be most incredible, having those groups with a Moogified guitar! Hey I created a word! Cool! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
ryanlh wrote:Yeh can you imagine noise/experimental bands like mars volta / mogwai or explosions in the sky getting one of these man!!!! it would be awesome!
-R

:shock: It would knock Chuck Norris to the ground! Which would create a paradox turning the sky yellow and the grass blue! That WOULD be most incredible, having those groups with a Moogified guitar! Hey I created a word! Cool! :mrgreen:
it always comes back to chuck norris with you doesnt it lol

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:58 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote: it always comes back to chuck norris with you doesnt it lol
And why not? It makes for a good running gag, I believe. :lol:

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Here is a quagmire:

Chuck Norris programs a patch on Voltor's Amos Gaynes Signature Edition Little Phatty Stage II...

Then VOltor would explode.

lol Actually I thought that I brought CN back for the first time on the other thread then I find this one and you beat me to it lol.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:57 pm

EricK wrote:Here is a quagmire:

Chuck Norris programs a patch on Voltor's Amos Gaynes Signature Edition Little Phatty Stage II...

Then VOltor would explode.

lol Actually I thought that I brought CN back for the first time on the other thread then I find this one and you beat me to it lol.
Mine is a Stage I...but the point has been made. Though I believe that the awesomeness of the LPAGSE when combined with Chuck Norris's awesomeness would cause a massive explosion who's shockwave would be felt in China and be sensed by weather satellites. :lol:

ryanlh

Post by ryanlh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:02 pm

On just the sustain end has anyone compared the fernandez sustainer pickup compared to a moog guitar set on sustain. Because I would never use any of the other features on the moog guitar.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
Mine is a Stage I...but the point has been made. :
Touche
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 pm

ryanlh wrote:On just the sustain end has anyone compared the fernandez sustainer pickup compared to a moog guitar set on sustain. Because I would never use any of the other features on the moog guitar.
from what I've experienced with the fernandez and seen/heard with the moog, the fernandez seems to sustain and then start to feedback and eventually kinda loose the charecteristic of the note, even on a clean tone. Where as moog seems a lot smoother and consistant, even when blending between pickups there is a smooth transition in the harmonics.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:44 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:
ryanlh wrote:On just the sustain end has anyone compared the fernandez sustainer pickup compared to a moog guitar set on sustain. Because I would never use any of the other features on the moog guitar.
from what I've experienced with the fernandez and seen/heard with the moog, the fernandez seems to sustain and then start to feedback and eventually kinda loose the charecteristic of the note, even on a clean tone. Where as moog seems a lot smoother and consistant, even when blending between pickups there is a smooth transition in the harmonics.
The Fernandez also doesn't mute the strings when needed. And it only sustains one string at a time. Like the e-Bow. You'd literally need six of the things wired together to get any kind of usefulness to match the Moog. Of course, Moog could always offer each individual portion of the electronics. Like, the sustain/mute circuitry sold separate from the filter and pedal. Just a thought. :mrgreen:

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Voltor07 wrote:The Fernandez also doesn't mute the strings when needed. And it only sustains one string at a time. Like the e-Bow.
I don't think the second part is right. I think the Fernandez can sustain all six strings at the same time. I'll look into it.

EDIT - I found some videos of players holding chords, but it does appear that a single note ends up dominating the sustained part.

Bryan

ryanlh

Post by ryanlh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:22 am

I think I am changing my mind ... It is a beautiful guitar in it's own way ... The wood reminds me of les pauls, the pickguard reminds me of a rickenbacker and the headstock looks like a wierd Japanese shape ... I think I am slowly coming round to the boring shape and the metal-esque hardware.
It's just likehaving a deformed family relative they look ugly but u still love them.
-R-

eo ire itum

Post by eo ire itum » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 am

I really think it's beautiful.

Take a look at this picture I ran across today...

http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/musical ... og-guitar/

I love it.

:D